Problem with a 64MB memcard and a solution for it
Hello there. Been a few years since I last commented on here.

The reason I opened this thread is:

1) I encountered an issue while trying to load my Persona 3 FES [SLUS-21621] save file from a 64MiB card.
Note: I used that card for years, with the same game. With no issues of any kind. Just in case someone mentions that.

2) To help others who may experience the same issue.

Okay then. Here's the story:

I did some Googling, and a user said to check if the card is set to "Read only". Which I did, and it wasn't.

Then, when I tried to convert the card to a Folder-type, the emulator gave me a stream of error messages in the log.
(Will add the log as an attachment.) I checked the memcards folder and it did indeed create the Folder-type card.

I then changed the inserted card to the "_converted" one to see if it will load the save.
However, the game still couldn't see any saves in it.

Emulator build used:
PCSX2 v1.5.0-dev-3408-gf0d08aa7d which I got from Orphis.

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

===[SOLUTION]===

What I did was, I opened the 64MiB card in mymc and exported the Persona 3 FES save files
to a new 64MiB card created through PCSX2, which I formatted using the PS2's in-built Browser.

The game then recognized the save files and everything worked fine.
Which leads me to believe that my "old" card somehow got corrupted over the years.

Well, that is all. Do move this thread to its correct location if you deem that it should go there.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 1,37 KB / Downloads: 142)

Sponsored links

I am not sure it is a good idea to keep your progress in higher than 8mb card without a backup,especially since using save states can case problems with the memory card saves
Better use the Folder Memory Card style,nothing can go wrong with your saves that way
If something goes wrong it will affect only that save,not the whole card

I my PS2 I keep my important saves into my 64mb card and the games I am currently playing on my 8mb card
In PCSX2,I only use the folder memory card style because it is much easier to manage your saves

I even have a tool for that
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Folder-M...nager-FMCM
I just noticed something...

I downloaded the latest official PCSX2 build (1.6.0 as of writing this.
...Didn't even know that it came out, but oh well.)

I tested my "old" card with it. It worked without any issues.

That makes me think that there was something wrong with the emulator itself.
Something that they obviously fixed with the release of the new version.

Now then...
Should I ask a mod to delete this thread since it's no longer important to my issue? Hmm...
(05-11-2020, 02:48 PM)vsub Wrote: I am not sure it is a good idea to keep your progress in higher than 8mb card without a backup,especially since using save states can case problems with the memory card saves
Better use the Folder Memory Card style,nothing can go wrong with your saves that way
If something goes wrong it will affect only that save,not the whole card

I my PS2 I keep my important saves into my 64mb card and the games I am currently playing on my 8mb card
In PCSX2,I only use the folder memory card style because it is much easier to manage your saves

I even have a tool for that
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Folder-M...nager-FMCM
Ah. Apologies. It seems we wrote our replies at the same time. So I didn't see yours because of that.

Hmm... Interesting. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to heed your advice.
Very well. I'll go and convert it to the Folder-type card (if it lets me this time), since I tend to use Save States quite a lot.
(This is especially true for Persona games.)