Problem with controller configuration :(
Okay, so I've been playing with tons of games, and I came across this just now. I am infuriated. I am using my ps3 controller connected via usb, and I had the configurations all done. For some reason, when I started to play resident evil 4 (I don't think whether it matters or not, but I wanna be as descriptive as possible.) My start button on my controller does the same job as an "esc" key. Whenever I press start, instead of pausing the game like it should do, it closes the damn game Sad. I went on the forum, and checked if anyone went through something like this, and someone actually did. Apperantly the solution is to disable the escape hack thingy. But there is no such thing as an escape hack in the newest version I suppose. Because in the speedhacks section, there is nothing of that sorts. And mind you, it is not only the start button. For example triangle is Pg Up so other buttons are also fd up as well. I couldn't find anything that helps me so I'm just opening a new thread. Pls lords of this forum don't punish me. I just wanna get my old configuration back. I tried turning the speedhacks off completely. I tried raw input and windows thing as well for the controller. I am hopeless.

Specs: 
Intel i7 7th gen quad core 2.80 Ghz
Nvidia GeForce 1060
Ram 12 gb

PLZ HALP1!!!!one!!

IDK if I explained myself well. But if anyone is kind enough to help, I will cooperate immidiately. Thanks folks.

Sponsored links

What are you using to connect your controller via usb?

Also I am assuming you are using win 10 since you have a 7th gen i7.
(08-02-2017, 02:57 AM)TkSilver Wrote: What are you using to connect your controller via usb?

Also I am assuming you are using win 10 since you have a 7th gen i7.

Yes, it is win 10. And I am connecting it via its regular mini usb/usb cable like I would use on a ps3
Sorry, I ment what program are you using for your PS3 controller, not the cable.

Does your PS3 controller work normally on other games (non PCSX2 games)?
Have you used it on other PCSX2 emulated games besides Resident evil 4? Did those work normally?
(08-02-2017, 07:10 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Sorry, I ment what program are you using for your PS3 controller, not the cable.

Does your PS3 controller work normally on other games (non PCSX2 games)?
Have you used it on other PCSX2 emulated games besides Resident evil 4?  Did those work normally?

Yes, it was working perfectly, and was working great on other games as well, assassin's creed, farcry, fallout, all those games had no problem. I was playing SMT nocturne, devil may cry without any problem as well. The program is SCP. Everyone I met is using it. It is the first thing that comes up on google as well when trying to add ps3 controller on pc.
Question?
If you go back to DMC or SMT nocturne do they still work as normal? or are they also messed up now? (narrowing down what is the issue)

Possible fix if you want to try it
Since you are using Windows 10 try fireshock

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FireShock...ontrollers

Win 7 64bit can't use it due to driver signing issues, but it is the newer ps3/4 controller interface to a windows computer from the same person who modified scp to scptoolkit.
(08-03-2017, 07:43 AM)WTkSilver Wrote: Question?
If you go back to DMC or SMT nocturne do they still work as normal?  or are they also messed up now?  (narrowing down what is the issue)

Win 7 64bit can't use it due to driver signing issues, but it is the newer ps3/4 controller interface to a windows computer from the same person who modified scp to scptoolkit.
Yes, they are also messed up. The thing is, my ps3 controller works like an xbox controller. When I did my configuration, pcsx2 would detect it as an xbox controller and if I were to press square, it detects it would detect it as "X" (like on an xbox controller). But now, Square is "Pg up" as if I was calibrating it on a keyboard. This happened without me changing anything. It happened randomly. But thanks, I will check that out and report back.
(08-03-2017, 07:43 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Question?
If you go back to DMC or SMT nocturne do they still work as normal?  or are they also messed up now?  (narrowing down what is the issue)

You sir, are a real hero. Fireshock solved everything. I even have sensitivity thingy now. Many thanks.
Np glad it helped