Problem with game resolution and movies
Let me start by saying im new to this but am very excited to learn this emulator is out here.

I have done some looking around and haven't found the answer to this problem (im not the best searcher though).

I am trying to play silent hill 3. The pcsx2 seems to boot fine apart from some weird screen tearing when the playstation 2 logo comes up but the resolution is correct and in the middle of the screen. when the game loads though the image is all the way at the top and is trying to us 16:9 ratio.

Im not sure if its a bad iso (this is the second one i have tried) or its me not knowing how to adjust something.

also when the intro movie should play; it doesnt show. the sound pplays but no video plays. Please help.

Sponsored links

1 - try latest beta
2 - try enabling software mode (F9 key)
3 - most of the time, a bad Iso would lead to a crash. If so, post your emulog.txt here so that we can help.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
forgot to list my specs:

CPU : I7 2700K 3.4Ghz sandybridge
GPU : Geforce nvidia GTX 560 1gb
RAM : 16 gb

I have the latest version or pcsx2. Downloaded it today. I got the resolution to work. Seems to only work when I choose system>boot cdvd(fast) instead of cdvd(full) but, the intro video still wont play video. I dont wan to start playing if i cant see the rest of the videos during gameplay.
(07-06-2012, 03:17 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - try latest beta
2 - try enabling software mode (F9 key)
3 - most of the time, a bad Iso would lead to a crash. If so, post your emulog.txt here so that we can help.

either you mean SVN or that's a very old template Tongue

download latest SVN from here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
I figured out the FMV's no showing. If i disable the increased resolution and take off AA then it shows. odd.