Problem with memory card image
Tongue 
Hi, can anyone help me with this problem. I tried using th mymc to import game saves. But when it tries to read the memory cards that are there by default, it says that there is no memory card image. I tried generating and downloading a new one and formating them, but it gives me the same message. Im using the latest pcsx2 on a windows 8.1 laptop.
Please help me resolve this problem. Or if there is another way to import gamesaves.

Sponsored links

I have never heard of it called a memory card image. So you mean the save game doesnt show up when you play the game or that the memory card doesnt show up?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
The emulator reads them perfectly and they appear in the memcard folder but the mymc cant acess them. Which other way is there to use game saves I download?
I attached the message that mymc shows.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is a section in the FAQ I wrote a long time ago about that. Copy paste:

"What to do if myMC declares your PCSX2 memory card "invalid":
You will either need to create your own new PCSX2 memory card and format it from within PCSX2 running the BIOS, or download and utilize the ones I have attached below. I have tested them and they are working with myMC. After that, if you are trying to extract saves, boot PCSX2 into the PS2 BIOS by selecting "No Disc" in the CDVD menu. Copy the saves from your "invalid" memory card on to the new one."

There are some blank cards attached here you can use for it: http://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=23183

If you are just trying to use downloaded saves with PCSX2, just use one of the blank cards I attached there, put the saves on it, and select it in PCSX2. The attached ones are formatted and confirmed working with mymc. You can also just follow the FAQ I wrote directly(purple link in sig)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks for the information Blyss Sarania. I tried using the blank memcards in your link (I put them in the memcard folder in program files>PCSX2>memcard), and generating a new and formated card with the PCSX2. Neither method worked, the same message kept popping up from the mymc ("not a PS2 memory card image"), the program did not recognize the new memory cards.
Is there another program or method I could try?
(02-16-2015, 11:05 PM)jerikochan Wrote: Thanks for the information Blyss Sarania. I tried using the blank memcards in your link (I put them in the memcard folder in program files>PCSX2>memcard), and generating a new and formated card with the PCSX2. Neither method worked, the same message kept popping up from the mymc ("not a PS2 memory card image"), the program did not recognize the new memory cards.
Is there another program or method I could try?

You don't have to format the cards that Blyss linked to. I just tested both of them out and they work fine in both PCSX2 and myMC as is.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
What files are you opening with your mymc? You sure it's the right ones?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Mcd001.ps2 and Mcd002.ps2
Just upload the cards and the saves then and someone will put it on there for you. You will have to zip them as they are too big and cannot be directly attached.
Thanks for the option. I attached the blank cards and the 2 game saves I wish to import to the memory cards. Could you or someone else do me the favor of importing the game saves to the cards please. I would really appreciate it.

Attached Files
.zip   blank cards.zip (Size: 69,4 KB / Downloads: 1.310)
.rar   valkyrie_profile_2_d.rar (Size: 56,14 KB / Downloads: 238)
.rar   castlevania_curse_b.rar (Size: 32,39 KB / Downloads: 215)