Problem with running the game?
Hello, let me start off first by saying that I'm a bit of a noob at these things, so please dumb down the information for me a bit.

A while back (April, I think) I downloaded PCSX2 and set it up. I never used it, just grabbed my BIOS from my PS2 and created some ISOs of my games, one of them being Final Fantasy X. My sister went down to Florida about 3 days ago, and I let her take my PS2 and FFX with her, because she had not beaten it yet and really couldn't wait.
Naturally, I let her take it because I already had an Emulator and ISO ready for play (or so I believed). Today, I went to go run FFX's ISO. It started up with some shaking that I quickly fixed by pressing the F5 button. I was so excited to be able to play FFX on the computer (I'm wierd like that Tongue), but I was immediately dissapointed with the results; the game did not load! I am stuck at the 'Browser and System Configuration' screen seen on a typical PS2.
I have looked through various forms, searching for answers, but I only found basic configuration info. Finally, while I was on the verge of insanity, I decided to post in the PCSX2 forms for some help. Can anyone help me get past this screen?! It's image is permenantly burned into my retinas from staring at it for hours, waiting for a bright idea to come along.
Please leave a quick reply!
-----------------Gjinst

Sponsored links

(07-14-2009, 07:20 AM)Gjinst Wrote: Hello, let me start off first by saying that I'm a bit of a noob at these things, so please dumb down the information for me a bit.

A while back (April, I think) I downloaded PCSX2 and set it up. I never used it, just grabbed my BIOS from my PS2 and created some ISOs of my games, one of them being Final Fantasy X. My sister went down to Florida about 3 days ago, and I let her take my PS2 and FFX with her, because she had not beaten it yet and really couldn't wait.
Naturally, I let her take it because I already had an Emulator and ISO ready for play (or so I believed). Today, I went to go run FFX's ISO. It started up with some shaking that I quickly fixed by pressing the F5 button. I was so excited to be able to play FFX on the computer (I'm wierd like that Tongue), but I was immediately dissapointed with the results; the game did not load! I am stuck at the 'Browser and System Configuration' screen seen on a typical PS2.
I have looked through various forms, searching for answers, but I only found basic configuration info. Finally, while I was on the verge of insanity, I decided to post in the PCSX2 forms for some help. Can anyone help me get past this screen?! It's image is permenantly burned into my retinas from staring at it for hours, waiting for a bright idea to come along.
-----------------Gjinst

Make sure your CD/DVD plugin is configured correctly, and hit File -> Run CD/DVD.

If the problem is more complicated, we'll need your pcsx configuration.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(07-14-2009, 07:36 AM)echosierra Wrote:
(07-14-2009, 07:20 AM)Gjinst Wrote: Hello, let me start off first by saying that I'm a bit of a noob at these things, so please dumb down the information for me a bit.

-----------------Gjinst

Make sure your CD/DVD plugin is configured correctly, and hit File -> Run CD/DVD.

If the problem is more complicated, we'll need your pcsx configuration.

Right now, I'm using Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0 for the plugin. File -> Run CD/DVD as well as Run -> Execute both do not work, and they also yield the same result. Do you have a recommendation for changes?
Post your full emulator specs. This includes the settings on the CPU menu, as well as the individual plugins themselves. Screen shots are the best way to do this.

Also post your system specs.

Between those two sets of information, someone should be able to figure out what is going on, as FFX is one of the most compatible games for the emulator.

Also, did you use a program like ImgBurn to make your ISO or did you just try to copy/past the contents of the game onto your hard drive?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Graphics:
GSDx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14

First Controller:
LilyPad 0.9.9

Cdvdrom:
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0

USB:
USBnull Driver 0.5.0

Sound:
SPU2-X 1.1.0

Second Controller:
LilyPad 0.9.9

Dev9:
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0

FireWire:
FWnull Driver 0.4.0

Bios:
USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

Comp Specs:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Manufactured and supported by:
Dell Dimension DXPO51
Intel®
Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz
2.99 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Is this it?
Well, I needed to know what the individual settings were for each plugin. I also need to know your graphics card.

I can tell you right now though, that Pentium D is going to be pretty weak for emulating.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-14-2009, 08:17 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Well, I needed to know what the individual settings were for each plugin. I also need to know your graphics card.

I can tell you right now though, that Pentium D is going to be pretty weak for emulating.

Weak as in not able to do it, or as in the speed will be low? I don't care about the speed much, just enough to be able to use it.

Graphics card:

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 7300 LE
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024X768 (32 bit)(60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

http://s1007.photobucket.com/albums/af20.../?newest=1

Screenshots for Sound, CDVD, and Graphics.
It will be able to run it,but pretty slowly. Your graphics card is weak as well,so don't expect any kind of playable speeds
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-14-2009, 09:55 AM)Bositman Wrote: It will be able to run it,but pretty slowly. Your graphics card is weak as well,so don't expect any kind of playable speeds

Yeah, it's an old computer, and I haven't updated the video cards yet, but I might. Do you guys have any reccomendations for someone on a budget?
I'd get the cheapest Core 2 Duo I could find with a 9600GT
[Image: newsig.jpg]