Problems Ripping Xenosaga Ep 1 ISO
Don't know what to tell you, should be working at least with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin which is what I used when I finished it. Bad luck or your DVD reader doesn't read the layer correctly, you could try making the ISO in another computer then transfer it to yours I guess.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

Well, turns out you hit the nail on the head Shadow Lady, my drive just sucks at ripping discs, had the same problem making a psx iso from my copy of Vagrant story. Ripped both on my Laptop using Imgburn and CloneCD and copied to my gaming rig and it works like a charm...though now I have a new issue of the game having odd artifacts over the textures...like the ocean and characters have a shadow of blurry artifacts surrounding them which makes everything look blurry. Tried AA and upscale resolution settings and they aren't doing the trick, I'll run a search on it but if you know of any quick fixes for this let me know ^_^

I'll attach some screens so you see what I mean.

I was worried JPEG would cut the quality and produce and inaccurate representation but this is exactly what the rendering looks like regardless of AA or resolution settings.

The issue is most noticable on 3 and 4 which show artifacts around Allen and the chairs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Probably the "native" checkbox will take care of it, don't remember exactly but for sure software mode (F9 while playing to toggle) doesn't have that problem but will be slower. (for the shadow artifacts on 5th pic and the minimal artifacts on 6th)

The first 4 screenshots are prerendered movies, not much you can do about them since some of the movies just have lower quality than others and all resolution in GSdx does for them is stretch them and nothing else.

Edit: Actually nevermind, just tried myself and using skipdraw=1 in GSdx removes the shadow artifacts but it removes the shadows too while the offset hack removes most of the shadow glitches... guess that's another way to play it in hardware Tongue2
(11-17-2010, 01:52 PM)Llwenyn Wrote: Ok, well this will be my final bump on this, these are my results and everything I've tried thus far. I hope there is something else I can try otherwise I'm stuck with not playing the game on this EMU or doing some DVD5 conversion crap which I have no desire to do.

I have used DVD Decrypter, Alcohol 120% and IMG burn in an attempt to rip Xenosaga Episode 1 to an ISO for use in PSCX2.

The ISO is created flawlessly with the correct size.

As everyone knows, Xenosaga Episode 1 is (unfortuanatley) a DVD9. one of about 30 that were made for PS2. PSCX2 will not, no matter what I do, or what build I use, run any of these ISO's. Toxic patcher will not patch the file, and an MDS file does not help either.

The problem I have is always one of two results:

Result 1: The game opens, when pressing start new game, it goes to a black screen showing a radar in the lower right corner, you are able to pause, unpause and access the in game menu with no character icons or gameplay options using triangle.

This happens in P.e.o.p.s Verion 1.3 plugin with ISO loaded in Alcohol 120% or Daemon tools regardless of settings used on the plugin (I have tried them all)

This also happens with gigaherz plugin

This happens with ISO unloaded from all disc mounting software and run from Linuzappz plugin.

Depending on the build this will happen when running with the internal ISO loader with the Alcohol 120% produced ISO

Result 2:
The console will search for layer 1, find it and then constantly report "Cannot find layer 2....ignoring" and it will repeat this over and over again after PS2 bios screen sits at the Playstation 2 Logo. In some cases this will happen when attempting to start a new game instead of the above result

This happens only when using the internal ISO loader

The builds I have attempted to use are 0.9.7 r3878 (the latest)

and

I am at my wits end with this, and I REALLY don't want to resort converting the ISO into DVD5 format or any similar solution.

I have Windows 7 x64 and I have a BDROM drive as my physical optical drive. It is a Liteon 8X BDROM/DVDROM/CDROM Drive.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Hi. I would suggest that you use an application "DLpatcher" since it allows the two layers to be connected. You can just research it on google for the download. You have to apply the patch to the iso before you burn to a dvd9. You just need to run the application, then all you need to do is point to where the directory in which the iso is in and apply the patch. If it worked, it should display a message describing that the iso has successfully been patched. Hope you find this of some use.Biggrin
ok...

1st. This was a very old thread, please check the date of the thread you're answering to.
2nd. Patching the ISO will just bring trouble, a correct ISO made with ImgBurn will work just fine.
3rd. As you can see the problem was solved, and patching that ISO wasn't even working as it was the drive reading the data wrong to begin with.