Problems compiling pscx2 v1.1 on Fedora
I can confirm r5676 builds okay in a Fedora 17 chroot, which should use the older mesa (I upgraded my own system to Fedora 18 so can't try the old mesa natively). Haven't tried out the new build, but looking forward to doing that later tonight...

Sponsored links

Ok. I was expected to failed Smile Please find a tarball here http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list?saved=1&ts=1371710569

I based the tarball on r5672. I'm not sure of the stability of Gabest's recent update (which are Haswell only by the way).

Tell me if you get any issue.
Thanks for that. Hopefully it will satisfy rpmfusion - they may insist that I continue to use r5350 because it's the official latest release (and I am having a headache with packaging the tarball in the downloads section!): will pcsx2 1.1 get endorsed as official on the project home page?

Whatever the answer, I will make a package and offer it on the sticky.

I assume packaging in Fedora 17 is a good test of old mesa, but I suppose distributing the package will be the acid test.
What the issue with my tarball? Is it related to the extra patch? In theory 1.1 will be the next release (technically called 1.2), but it won't be soon. Release are based on Windows development (at least 95% of the users). If they still want the older version, I will officially said them that I want a newer version Wink

Honestly, I don't care of older mesa. If you tell users to upgrade to a newer Fedora I will be fine. Beside GSdx will require mesa 9 to run with the free driver.
You're right not to worry too much about the old mesa - Fedora upgrades very rapidly, and soon Fedora 19 will be released and Fedora 17 will only have six months more of life.

I assume you mean the tarball of Fedora 1.0 you posted on the Forums? There is no issue with the tarball from me, but rpmfusion want 1.0 built from r5350, and for me to link to the tarball that is on googlecode. They say the package "must follow upstream".
I'm having some errors with this method that I wouldn't want to bother you with (although I can now patch it, which was a problem in itself). Maybe it is an issue with me not stripping the copyright/useless parts properly when I try it manually. Doesn't matter. I'll probably try to offer them first Pcsx2 v1.1 r5672 or if they don't like this I'll use your script to download a tarball of r5350 that is stripped and ready for building (which is where the whole process started!).

I'm not very good at understanding Fedora repos deep attachment to rules, but it's their house and but I'm happy to admit it may be me who has it wrong. I'm a "shirt hanging out" sort of person... Still: rpmfusion review process has been a painful.
opensource is worst than the French bureaucracy Wink

I know how review are painful. Thanks you for you dedicated work.
Don't overpraise - I'm hardly dedicated Wink

Anyway - I have a strange problem because the r5672 tarball you posted won't build -
Code:
Linking CXX shared library libzzogl-0.4.0.so
cd /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl && /usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_link_script CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/link.txt --verbose=1
/usr/lib/ccache/c++   -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4  -m32 -march=i686 -mtune=atom -fasynchronous-unwind-tables  -msse -msse2 -march=i686 -pthread -Wno-write-strings -Wno-format -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-value -Wstrict-aliasing -Wno-unused-function -Wno-attributes -Wno-invalid-offsetof -pthread  -Wl,-z,relro  -shared -Wl,-soname,libzzogl-0.4.0.so -o libzzogl-0.4.0.so CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/GifTransfer.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/GLWin32.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/GLWinX11.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/GSDump.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/GSmain.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/HostMemory.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Mem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Mem_Swizzle.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Mem_Tables.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Profile.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/rasterfont.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Regs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/targets.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/zerogs.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/zpipe.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZDepthTargets.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZMemoryTargets.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZRenderTargets.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZClut.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZHacks.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZKeyboard.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglDrawing.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZLog.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglCreate.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglCRTC.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglFlush.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglFlushHack.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglMem.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglSave.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglShaders.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglShadersGLSL.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglShadersGLSL4.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglShoots.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/ZZoglVB.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Linux/Conf.cpp.o CMakeFiles/zzogl-0.4.0.dir/Linux/Linux.cpp.o ../../../common/src/Utilities/libUtilities.a -lCg -lCgGL -lGLEW -lGLU -lGL -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lICE -lX11 -lXext -ljpeg -lfreetype -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lz -pthread -Wl,-z,relro -lwx_baseu-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lrt -ldl -lm
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2.snapshot-5672'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/CMakeFiles  86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
[ 38%] Built target zzogl-0.4.0
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2.snapshot-5672'
make: *** [all] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Ppm3JO (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.Ppm3JO (%build)

This is strange because exactly the same process will build r5676 tarball downloaded with your pcsx2 tarball script.

I've executed an rpmbuild --clean (removes the build tree) but this does not seem to be the problem.

The only alteration to the source is the cflag patch, which has not caused problems anywhere:
Code:
#patch to alter cflags in build and strip out -m32 to comply with fedora build policy
--- pcsx2-1.1.0/cmake/BuildParameters.cmake
+++ pcsx2-1.1.0/cmake/BuildParameters.cmake
@@ -94,7 +94,7 @@
# Set some default compiler flags
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
set(DEFAULT_WARNINGS "-Wno-write-strings -Wno-format -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-value -Wstrict-aliasing -Wno-unused-function -Wno-attributes")
-set(DEFAULT_GCC_FLAG "-m32 -msse -msse2 -march=i686 -pthread ${DEFAULT_WARNINGS}")
+set(DEFAULT_GCC_FLAG "-msse -msse2 -march=i686 -pthread ${DEFAULT_WARNINGS}")
set(DEFAULT_CPP_FLAG "${DEFAULT_GCC_FLAG} -Wno-invalid-offsetof")

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Building manually also fails with:

Code:
$cmake .. -DPACKAGE_MODE=TRUE -DBUILD_REPLAY_LOADERS=FALSE -DXDG_STD=TRUE -DGLSL_API=FALSE -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SOUNDTOUCH=FALSE -DFORCE_INTERNAL_SDL=FALSE -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
$make -j3

Linking CXX shared library libzzogl-cg-0.3.0.so
[ 39%] Built target zzogl-cg-0.3.0
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp: In function ‘void DisplayDialog()’:
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:281:13: warning: unused variable ‘separator’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:282:13: warning: unused variable ‘skipdraw_label’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:282:30: warning: unused variable ‘skipdraw_text’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:282:46: warning: unused variable ‘skipdraw_holder’ [-Wunused-variable]
/home/makerpm/pcsx2-1.1.0-r5672-lnx-sources/pcsx2.snapshot-5672/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Linux/Linux.cpp:282:64: warning: unused variable ‘warning_label’ [-Wunused-variable]
Linking CXX shared library libzzogl-0.4.0.so
[ 39%] Built target zzogl-0.4.0

Update: now this is really spoiling my day. hought I'd crack on with the 1.0 spec based on r5350 downloaded with your get_pcsx2_tarball shell script, but this is also failing to build...

Code:
figSoundTouch.cpp.o CMakeFiles/spu2x-2.0.0.dir/Linux/Dialogs.cpp.o ../../../common/src/Utilities/libUtilities.a ../../../common/src/Utilities/libUtilities.a -lasound -lportaudio -lSoundTouch -lfreetype -lgtk-x11-2.0 -lgdk-x11-2.0 -lcairo -lpango-1.0 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lgio-2.0 -latk-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -pthread -Wl,-z,relro -lwx_baseu-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_core-2.8 -lwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8 -lrt -ldl -lm
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-sources'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-sources/CMakeFiles  68 69 70 71 72 73 74
[ 27%] Built target spu2x-2.0.0
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/makerpm/rpmbuild/BUILD/pcsx2-1.0.0-r5350-sources'
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.0hIXwI (%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.0hIXwI (%build)
Can you replace the make -j3 with a standard make because I don't see the error message only the unhelpful error status. Or post the full log Wink
Screen output of manual build:

[attachment=44668]
Very Sorry it is my fault. The good revision must be 5674....