Problems configuring pcsx2
I want to play GOW, so I installed pcsx2 and watching a tutorial indicated how to configure it, but I get confused a little bit with my pc and its components and the GOW goes slow, could you tell me the proper configuration?
-8gb of ram
-Intel Pentium CPU 2020M 2.40GHz 64bits
-Intel HD graphics 1792mb
I am using google translator, sorry if there is any error

Sponsored links

your laptop is far-too weak to run pcsx2....thus not expected to run properly.
get a custom-desktop instead.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
There's no way I can run it? So much does the emulator ask?
(01-17-2018, 04:46 AM)Btajmieh Wrote: There's no way I can run it? So much does the emulator ask?

you'd need an Intel i5 at least as well as a Nvidia 5 or 6 series minimum
Laptops\Mobile devices are not recommended.

I recommend building a desktop PC with a copy of Windows 7 64-bit. Best avoid Windows 10 for several reasons. Too many to list here. Anyways as far as hardware specs I recommend.

CPU: AMD FX-8300 series
RAM: 16 GB
Video: Dedicated 8 GB video card (Radeon RX 480) "lower cost video card that has been shown to out perform the popular GeForce 1070"
Audio: Dedicated 24-Bit sound card

Note*
The only downside to using a Radeon graphics card with PCSX2 is until the PCSX2 team codes they're emulator run better under OpenGL with Radeon graphics cards your limited to (Direct3D 11) which honestly isn't a big deal and shouldn't influence your decision one way or the other.

Most programs perform fine under OpenGL. PCSX2 just happens to be one of the exceptions. In part this has to do with Radeon OpenGL drivers not being quite as good as GeForce OpenGL drivers which is true to a certain extent but that excuse can only be used for so long ultimately it's upto the individual program creator\designer to know how to work with both in order to achieve similar performance.
(01-17-2018, 08:59 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: Laptops\Mobile devices are not recommended.
True, most of the time.
That said, some high end laptops are shipped with cpus with high STR (above 1800) and could do the trick.
Quote:I recommend building a desktop PC with a copy of Windows 7 64-bit. Best avoid Windows 10 for several reasons. Too many to list here.
Pcsx2 works very well with windows 10.
But... some updates may cause various issues, especially if you rely on microsoft to update your GPU drivers (Something to be avoided as much as possible)

Quote:CPU: AMD FX-8300 series
too weak for a majority of games under pcsx2 (STR around 1400 where we do recommend at least 1600)
Quote:RAM: 16 GB
pcsx2 won't use more than 1GB RAM. but if you want to get 16GB, you're free to do so.
Quote:Video: Dedicated 8 GB video card (Radeon RX 480) "lower cost video card that has been shown to out perform the popular GeForce 1070"
Audio: Dedicated 24-Bit sound card
integrated sound cards will perform well too

Quote:Note*
The only downside to using a Radeon graphics card with PCSX2 is until the PCSX2 team codes they're emulator run better under OpenGL with Radeon graphics cards your limited to (Direct3D 11) which honestly isn't a big deal and shouldn't influence your decision one way or the other.
Most programs perform fine under OpenGL. PCSX2 just happens to be one of the exceptions. In part this has to do with Radeon OpenGL drivers not being quite as good as GeForce OpenGL drivers which is true to a certain extent but that excuse can only be used for so long ultimately it's upto the individual program creator\designer to know how to work with both in order to achieve similar performance.
pcsx2 team can't do anything about it. AMD GPU drivers have to be corrected to comply OGL standards.
we've asked them a few times to do so, no answer sadly.

@OP :
CPU : better go for intel (sandy/ivy bridge or higher) or AMD Ryzen to get good results
GPU : go for nvidia. you won't get problems. A mid range GPU will be enough unless you need to achieve 4k resolutions
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm just making suggestions based on my experience with both AMD Phenom II X6 series processors as well as AMD FX-8300 series processors both of which are still good processors and depending which one your using can achieve STP ratings anywhere from 1300 to 1800. Also aside from PCSX2 both processors are still really good for everyday PC gaming. Sure beats most Intel processors that only have 4 cores which if PCSX2 was optimized better and utilized more than just 2-3 cores there wouldn't be a need for such high STP ratings in the few cores PCSX2 does use. But until that optimization happens PCSX2 is always gonna be prone to under performing on most computers. Hence why people are always on the forums complaining about the performance of PCSX2. It's a fantastic emulator but it also needs a lot of work specifically with that and I would love nothing more than to help but I suffer a chronic pain condition that would make it nearly impossible.

As for Windows 10 it's a shame what Microsoft has done by forcing updates onto people's computers whether they want them or not. Not to mention all the data collection Microsoft tries to collect under that OS. Rumor has it Microsoft is actually starting to have legal problems over both the forced updates and data collection. That's two good reasons to stick with Windows 7 or Linux.

lastly PCSX2 is a 32-Bit program so realistically you wouldn't need anything more than 4 GB system RAM and instead of the 8 GB model get the 4 GB model of the Radeon RX 480. Either way both are good.
That's a really horrible suggestion then. Even a Ryzen 3 quad core is better than the FX chip.
As for GPU he will pay double the price for a RX 480 for mediocre performance (slower than a gtx 650 in opengl) than a gtx 1060 6gb or even 1070/ti with all the mining craze going around right now.
Also it's not just PCSX2, other emulators have the same issue with opengl thanks to amd's failure drivers.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
I wouldn't say it's a horrible suggestion. We just have very differing opinions on what would be better and there's nothing wrong with that. The Ryzen chips are good processors but being that they haven't been out long it's always best to wait and make sure there's no problems be it with the motherboard bios or otherwise. That's my only point when it comes to that stuff.

As for the video card stuff I agree with you that the price is higher than it should be and for that reason. However if you were to compare the specs for each video card you'd find that the RX 480 is better than the 1070 and cost about $100 less than the 1070. That's all I'm trying to say.
Ryzen is almost a year old, most of the problems have been solved with bios updates, it's not just Ryzen but every new launch has it's problems, especially with a new architecture, if that wasn't the case then there wouldn't be any new bios releases for intel as well.

As for the RX 480 sure it's better on paper but in real world scenarios it competes with the 1060 6GB which is where it's targeted at.
Computing is where it shows it's real strengths.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5