Problems in FFXII
It's been running great except for a few things. At times objects will be visible through walls or the "static world" in an in-game cut scene; ex: a scene where someone is peeking around a corner. Instead of just seeing the part of their body peeking out, it shows their whole model. This happens with other objects like statues or candles, but mostly happens with character models.

Another bug is the sound. It will be running fine most of the time, then every now and again it sounds like you are in a tunnel, but with everything sounding someone static-y too. This also happens in in-game cut scenes.

Sponsored links

Could you tell us your system spec and details of your emulator config? I'm currently playing with Final Fantasy XII (NTSC) without any problems on constant 61-62FPS.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF
I dont have a very powerful PC but i can still run games like FFX and FFXII with no problems at all so its probbably just the config.

if theres nothing wrong with the speed just have the graphics on GSDX SSE41, Direct X 10, renderer: software and for sound SPU2-X r2693 1.4.0

EDIT: the change to Software (if your using hardware) may cause a slight glitch where a white box comes around the name when you enter a new area but thats the only side effect it should have.
Reviving my PS2 is with my computer is prooving to be a harder feat than at first thought.Laugh
(05-30-2010, 11:33 AM)stretchin-da-limits Wrote: if theres nothing wrong with the speed just have the graphics on GSDX SSE41, Direct X 10, renderer
May I ask why I should use SSE41 over SSSE3?

(05-30-2010, 11:27 AM)ROG Wrote: Could you tell us your system spec and details of your emulator config? I'm currently playing with Final Fantasy XII (NTSC) without any problems on constant 61-62FPS.
6 gigs nam
NVIDIA Geforce GTS 250
Intel Core i7 CPU overclocked to 3.3-3.6 (around there somewhere)
Why did you overclock that i7 CPU? My CPU isn't OCed; and I can play every of my games on full speed without any speed hacks. Btw, for your question you should use SSE4.1 and DirectX 10 renderer is a better idea.
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
CPU: Intel Core i7-920
RAM: 3*1GB 1600Mhz Kingmax TinyBGA
VGA: Zotac GF 250GTS 1GB
Monitor: LG 2253V-PF
Thanks.. btw, I have another question that I might as well resolve in this thread instead of making another one. Out of the blue everything is sped up x2 for some reason. I'm assuming I pressed some hotkey?
Tab probably, toggles the frame limiter Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-30-2010, 12:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: Tab probably, toggles the frame limiter Tongue

That helped! Thanks.

Also, one thing, the sound didn't get fixed. I mean it's perfect the majority of the time, but during some of the in-game cutscenes you hear a high pitch scratch noise then everything seems like it's going a tad slower (just a tad), in the background it sounds like there is a river sounded by crappy electronic speakers, and the everything sounds slightly metallic.
It's a known SPU2-X problem when time stretching is enabled and an extremely complex one / hard to fix. You can either use another SPU2 plugin or disable time stretching in SPU2-X (with any consequence that might entail)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-30-2010, 12:24 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's a known SPU2-X problem when time stretching is enabled and an extremely complex one / hard to fix. You can either use another SPU2 plugin or disable time stretching in SPU2-X (with any consequence that might entail)

I see. So even the random bleeps and bloops within the in-game cutscenes are from this too?