Problems to play Twisted Metal Black Online
Question 
Hi folks. I've been lurking this forum for 2 days (also the NGEmu forum).

This is the thing: My PS2 broke like 3 years ago.

I have Twisted Metal Black Online, which according to pcsx2 compat. list runs with no problems. So I made an ISO of the game, it is not that big, like 400+ MB.

When I try to run it, the game asks that my memory card has the Network Config File.

I have a copy of that file cause I saved it years ago by using a Sharkport. I tried to import that file to pcsx2 mem card file by using MYMC. I could actually import the TMBO file. But when I tried that on the Network config file, MYMC gave an error saying that it is corrupted, and that there is an unexpected end of file.

Alright..not giving up. Since I have PS2 network adapter disk, poped it up at the disc tray of my PC, to run it thru pcsx2 and manually make the damn file into my memory card file. No luck, cause after the "Playstation 2" logo, there are like 2 screens, then the emulation just goes black. Also made an ISO of that disc, retried...same thing.

Would you guys know what's going on? All I need is to get that network config file into the memory card, by any method, so I can finally load TMBO entirely.

Big thanks in advance

PS:
I am not interested in actually playing online, but to be able to use LAN playing feature. From this point of view I don't really need the DNAS related steps, right? Cause I don't need to access Sony's servers, which for this game are not up now, anyway.

I already read http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-To-Play-Online-Guide

Sponsored links

By the way, this is the output of the emulator when I try to load the Ps2 network disk

Plugins opened successfully.
EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset
Bios Version 1.60
Load Bios Warning: rom1 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: rom2 module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
Load Bios Warning: erom module not found, skipping... (this is not an error)
GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff
(IsoFS) Block 0x10: Primary partition info.
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SCUS_970.97;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 1.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
Initializing Elf: 48840 bytes
ELF (cdrom0:\SCUS_970.97;1) CRC=0x7656425F, EntryPoint=0x00100008
DecSet Write: 53
DecSet Write: 00
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]
Try making the file with an older version of PCSX2 like 0.9.6, you could also try making the network file with a game that has it's own network tool like gran turismo 4 or something.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Heya Lady. thanks for the reply with suggestions.

I actually borrowed a friend's Network Access Disk..he had a newer version of it (I had the very first version for my phat console).

Made an ISO of it, then loaded it in the emulator and it actually runs. Now I have stumbled upon a message that says: "unable to find network adaptor. network adaptor may be improperly installed".

Do I have to do something else, maybe with a plugin, to trick the emulator to think that adapter is actually there?

Another thing...the "how to play online" thread says

"You can either run this on your PS2 and transfer over your NETCONF files to a PCSX2 memcard, or run it on PCSX2 directly."

As you read before...I actually have a netconf file around in my memory card, which I extracted by using a Sharkport, but I am unable to import it into the memcard file by using MyMC. How would you guys transfer over the file then? Surely there is anoter method.

As you can see I am a noob at this...please bear with this poor soul that's just trying to make the wait for the new Twisted Metal for PS3 less painful.
And your configuration file probably just got damaged or wasn't made correctly, mymc should have worked as far as I know.
Hello. Yes Mymc worked, as I could import other file saves, such as the one for TMBO.

Yeah..maybe my network config file is broken. I guess I gotta go to a friends house for him to produce another one for me. As I said, I just want to be able to enter the game to play using LAN feature.

Lady...your last post seems edited...it also looks as if you wrote something else at first (maybe trying to answer how to make the file by using network access disk directly in the emulator, bypassing that "no network adapter" error I got, or perhaps what other method you use to extract files from the physical memory card out to the PC) and maybe you erased it when you edited the post.
huh weird, yes you're missing the dev9 plugin, get it here:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Dev9-plugin