Problems with DVD/etc | 0.9.7 and 0.9.6
Alright, so, hello everyone.
I'm just having a few problems that seem common but don't? I dunno.

Anyway, I've done gone and searched this here foruming place for answers to questions. Now I found threads that answered them, but I've no idea what they're talking about. Basically it goes first post has my problem in it, a bunch of gibberish, then the OP goes "problem fixed" and thread's over.
Right, so that doesn't really help. And instead of reviving dead threads, I'm just making a new one.

So, first problem.
I start up my cool new PS2 emulator (0.9.7 r3113)
And I get this error that my "DVD player is not set up." And then I can't do jack squat. That's with uh... cdvdgigaherz whatever plugin that comes with the thing. I've got it config'd to use my virtual drive that I installed via UltraISO and I mounted my .ISO onto it but yeah, I get that.

So about the only thing I understood in those threads what to "use linuz n dun mount newher elze" So I did that.
Unmounted that image from E:\ and just browsed for it in linuz's thing. Even compressed it for lulz. Oh, now it's giving me the same DVD player is not set up garbage as before. Lovely.

I was getting some error about not having enough resources and something with the cdvd and blah blah. Dunno, guess it's not happening anymore.

Alright, now with (0.9.6) I got that cause it's the stable non-beta version.
Right.
Well.
It crashes upon starting the actual emulator. So.
Dunno.
Right.
Well, I configured that with both the linuz and the cdherzgigwhateverdontcare.

Okay, so atm I just started 0.9.6 went into config before starting anything up, switched cdvdrom to linuz iuso cdvd .8.0 configed it right, hit test, says success.
Using the USA v01.60(7/2/02) bios if that mattress.
Okay, cool. I caught some errors that time.
Some big red huge spaced out text that's all "****ROM1 MISSING*** and sopmething else like that

Then a buncha blue text and at the end it says "Boot Error > System.CNF not found."

Yeah, I had to go looking for a BIOS cause I've no idea how to dump my ps2's. If anyone can help with that, I'd be grateful. Anyway!

If anyone's able to help with my problem, then thanks muchos. I hope this wallotext wasn'tsuch a terrible read. Laugh (<- Smiley face to emphasize awesomeness of the reader.)

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Guide-to-...s-over-LAN
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i supposed u use Vista/7 yes?

the error for crashing may caused by wrong settings that don't fit ur pc though..

System.cnf is the file on the disc itself...
don't download the BIOS as that is considered as piracy..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(07-23-2010, 07:24 AM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: i supposed u use Vista/7 yes?

the error for crashing may caused by wrong settings that don't fit ur pc though..

System.cnf is the file on the disc itself...
don't download the BIOS as that is considered as piracy..

@jesalvein ty for link, I'll work on that prolly sunday. Laugh

@Ren I use 7, what settings are you talking about that could be wrong?
Also, funpiracyfact: If you own it irl, you can download it legally. But that's the only way. But ty for concern. Laugh

Er, wait, it says it doesn't cover modding your PS2, does that mean I have to have a modded one? o-O
first try install ur pscx to my documents folder..
vista/7 user have this same problem with the admin rights or whatever shenanigans they have..
many cases if they move the installation folder to my documents if fixes things up..
and try running the emulator by right clicking>run as admin..
try that and if any problems post it here.. Cool

Funfact :
if u own that BIOS doesn't mean u can download it from the net..
Eg.. u own a game disc that's scratched badly, u can't just go to the store and pick the same game and walk out of the store.. Tongue
or download it from the net..
u have to buy it again..
that's considered piracy..duh.. Ninja
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
Quote:Also, funpiracyfact: If you own it irl, you can download it legally. But that's the only way. But ty for concern.
wrong. You own the one that is in your PS2. You can't just steal or download another one that doesn't belong to you
like renshijo said

Quote:Er, wait, it says it doesn't cover modding your PS2, does that mean I have to have a modded one? o-O
that's exactly what you need
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just make sure that it was mounted by ISO plug in. Remember that a best ISO plug in is good for Linux. You have to know the correct procedure but since it is too long I can't post it here, just try to search on the internet for better articles on how to do it.