Problems with Dark cloud 2!
Alright, I have the PCSX2 0.9.8 All the settings I have are stock for the emulator.

My issue is that; While dark could 2 is playable, it does get framerate issues rather often. Generally it drops down to about 45-ish FPS whenever there's action on the screen. It's also VERY apparent when you're simply running around at the start of the game. I was wondering what settings I should be using to increase FPS?

My system is;
Windows 7 HP, 64bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Any help would be fantastic, thanks for your time Laugh

Sponsored links

that game is a Medium-High demanding.
i think your rig almost can't hold on enough on demanding games.
try set cycle-stealing to Level-2 on speedhacks.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Your Sugjestion helped! Although during the carnvial stage (Where the child steals your ticked) The slowdown still occurs. Do you have any other possible solutions?
Well to run most games on a decent speed, the devs do recommend to have ATLEAST a Quad-Core with 3 Ghz, with some games as an exception f.e. Final Fantasy X Smile
Try lowering your scaling, that game is both CPU and GPU demanding, with my CPU i get a full 60FPS (other then in cutscenes..) I have EE Cyclerate up to 2, and every other speed hack checked, leave MTVU unchcked since you're a dual core. But that should speed you up a lot. I haven't experimented with VU cycle steeling yet. So i don't know how it impacts the game
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64