Problems with GS plugin
Hi all,

I've been having problems getting Final Fantasy X running on my computer. First off, whenever I start up pscx2, it gives me the message "The EE/IOP compiler failed to initialize with the following error: Processor doesn't support SSE2. The EE/IOP interpreter will be used instead." so I'm guessing I can still play games, but not at optimum speeds. After I click OK, I go to load the FFX CD, but it pops up a message asking me if I want to update my directx, which is confusing, because I have always had DX 9.0c since it was released. When I click no to this message, it tells me that there's an error opening the GS plugin. I've tried fooling around with some config settings but I haven't been able to determine exactly what the problem is. Here are my system specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1536MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Display Memory: 512 MB

If anyone could offer some advice I would greatly appreciate it because I just started using emus and know very little about them. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

/Facepalm
First of all, you need sse2 to play any game on PCSX2. Second, now why would you go and click no? If it asks you to update Directx, there is a reason for it. Microsoft releases updates for Directx every now and then. Why they don't put it in Windows Update is beyond me. In any case, the latest update is required.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Hm, I just figured that since it told me "The EE/IOP interpreter will be used instead." I could still play games, just not as well as if i had SSE2. And yeah, I guess I overlooked the possibility that I still need to update my directx even though I have 9.0c. I'll do that right now and see if it helps. Thanks.
welp, I updated, still nothing. So there's no possible way I can use this emu?
No, unless you get a new processor. You need at the very least sse2.
K Sad thanks for the help.
(09-28-2009, 12:44 AM)skibb Wrote: Hm, I just figured that since it told me "The EE/IOP interpreter will be used instead." I could still play games, just not as well as if i had SSE2.

This is true, however interpreter is way too slow for playing games even with the best machines out there. Sorry but there's nothing you can do unless you upgrade your PC (I guess you could see a slide show 1-5fps :/).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
No, it wouldn't work period. Both GSDX and ZeroGS requires sse2 to run. So, it's not really a matter of 1fps, it's more of a GS won't even start.
Right sorry I was thinking something else... I remember playing disgaea on my Athlon 2600+ tho I wonder if older GSdx worked without SSE2...
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Yes, the older versions would work, but those versions are ancient and buggy anyways.