Problems with Gran Turismo 4
Hello , i've a laptop with:

4 GB RAM DDR3
ATI Radeon 4250 HD with AMD M880G Chipset
AMD Turion P520 X64 Dual-Core Processor

i'm having problems when the game shows the car of the scenario , the whole game , the emulator runs at 60 FPS , but when shows the Car or other things , the FPS goes to 30 ~ 45 FPS

There're a "special configuration" to make it runs fine ? or it's my processor/graphic card that don't hang up the game ?

sorry for bad english.

Sponsored links

I'm no expert in pcsx2, but I read, and also found out that GT4 needs at least a dualcore proccessor clocked at 3.0 GHz+. I found videos people overclock Core2duos around nearly 4 Ghz, and then it will run just fine.
Core i7 920 2.66 GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce 550Ti GTX 1024mb, Realtek HD audio, Windows 8 64 bit
overclocking a Turion won't be that easy, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
My turion runs with 2.3 Ghz >< so the problem is my CPU , not my graphic card ?
actually, both.
GT4 is one of the most demanding games...
the configs of PCSX2 it's not like the ePSXe ? i mean , in ePSXe you can config the image quality like Very Poor To Excelent . Can i do this with PCSX2 ?
yes, you can.
http://pcsx2.net/guide.php
The thing to remember though is that there is a baseline video quality you can't do less than (that is, the baseline PS2 quality... well you can run it at a lower resolution, but that's absolutely terrible and won't net much additional performance)

The baseline for PS1 graphics is a lot lower than PS2 and either way you still have to emulate the actual PS2 hardware which requires a lot of power.
[Image: 2748844.png]