Problems with Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
Hello, I got some serious problems with this game and trying to understand the correct setup from the wiki.

This my current setup:

[Image: aN2trFDP3k7gId3xGm_y7BDUnua3JTBOryHZAQczSqY4=w296-h625]

My specs are
Processor: Intel i3 3240 3,40 GHz
Motherboard: Asus B75M-A
RAM: 2x Kingston DDR3 1.333 Mhz(4 GB + 4 GB)
Video Card: nVidia GeForce Gygabyte GTX 650 1GB

Game's cutscenes shows with some weird transparent lines and in the first stage of the lost forest it gets extremely laggy to the point of being unplayable.

Yes as I mentioned I've read the Wiki about this:
http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Valkyrie...:_Silmeria

But I am not too sure if I applied the settings right(since its not working).

Sponsored links

use DX 11 HW not SOFTWARE
only reason to use SW mode is IF your on the forest which dont show correct as far as i know in HW mode still.

use auto interlacing.

There is very lil wrong with VP2 under DX11 on my ring other then the buggs, and work around listed there, seeing i am the one the update most of the graphically bugs and work arounds

If you read the wiki and follow the instruction why are you using software mode? most the fixes there are for hw mode only other then the forest issue
Well I am in the forest, its basically the first area of the game if you don't count the start town, and I can't go anywhere else in the game if I don't go past this area first(which is unplayable as it is now),and DX11 hardware OR software doesn't help (also DX9 HW/SW).

How I can use auto interlacing? I don't see the option in the window.
what doo you get inn hardware/software mode ?
care to post screenshots to compare ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Direct3D 11 Hardware:
[Image: DX11%2BHardware.jpg]

Direct3D 11 Software(extremely laggy):
[Image: DX11%2BSoftware.jpg]
Forest only works right IN SW MODE HW mode is broke,

your system should not be using 5 extra tread either 2 or 3 at best, if that dont help your system just can handle software mode.

MY system is more powerful then yours and even i cant get 60fps out of the game in hw mode game still drops to 49fps in some battles.

I am how ever able to get 60 fps in software mode with 4 extra treads cause have 4 core + ht you have 2 core + ht
I get about 3 fps in software mode,2 or 5 extra threads doesn't seem to change anything(I even tried 10).
you'll probably have to bear with it since your pc doens't have a very high STP.
thetre's not other way than using software mode to get past the forest.
you can still pass this area using your real PS2, then import your savegame into pcsx2 if that seems unbbearable for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Using DX9 HW also makes it playable enough...it's improvement over DX11 and it's at almost the same speed.

The only problematic places are when you are not inside the cave(which is where you'll spend most of the time in this area....The Lost Forest)

Also,I may be imagining things but try enabling HW Hacks and set skipdraw to 4 while using DX9 HW.

My speed in SW mode is 55-60 and above 100 in battles...in HW mode is always above 120(120-180)while tons of other things are running

And btw,since we are talking about this game,is there is a fix for this...when I shot at freezed enemy to switch places,the screen goes really dark until Alicia appear(it's fine in SW mode but is this the only fix)