Problems with config guide...NEWBIE!!!
Ok, I did read the guide. As the guide progresses it goes into less and less detaiil and then there is nothing about why I don't have any plugins listed for cdvdrom or Sound.
When I start the program I get an error:

could not load SPU2Plugin "MyPluginDirectory": <NULL>

The Output screen shows:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 3
x86Family = Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPU speed = 3.002 Ghz
Cores = 1 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000649d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Not Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1

CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDiso.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDnull.dll: Version 3 != 5
Plugin load failure: C:\Documents and Settings\Jason\My Documents\My Setup\PcSetup\PCSX2\plugins\GSs
oftdx.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>
SPU2 Plugin SPU2null.dll: Version 4 != 5

Then Configuration opens and the above problem with cdvdrom and sound is the only issue I can find according to the Guide, but it doesn't tell me how to correct it. All help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Sponsored links

do you have the newest DirectX..If not download it from Microsoft (you will need an internet connection for the installation)

hm...I don't know..This helps for GSDX issues,so install it (only a few MB),and if it helps,great...Also,I recommend using ZeroSPU 0.4.6 which you get with the 0.9.6 Emu,and check the first two boxes in it..

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
Have you set the plugin directory with "Config > Configure > Set Plugin Directory"?
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
Well the guide begins with "Download the new PCSX2 v0.9.6 from HERE" but doesnt say anything about getting older plugins which you have Tongue

I'd recommend you backup your Bios and then delete your current PCSX2 folder and start again by installing the uh... installer.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I did get the newest version I thought... and directx 9 is what I have it's the highest my Nvidia 6200 will support. I got all that taken care of...I think. Yes I set the plugins and bios directory. I think Shadowlady has it figured out. I got the PCSX2 from a torrent probably mislabled BS. Thanks a bunch though I'll download the official installer and see what plugins I get. Thanx alot guys and gals!!!!!!!!
You still need to update your DirectX. Microsoft comes out with revisions every few months. The last one was in March.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Ok I had the newest Pcsx2, but it had the wrong plugins... Direct X is OK Driver Detective is awesome. Still have some bugs, but it is all dealing with the plugins which the config guide will get me through. SPECIAL THANX SHADOWLADY...Thanx to all other contributors too! I didn't honestly expect to get so much help so quick.
You're welcome. Feel free to ask for any other help many people able to help Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64