Problems with my Graphics.
Hello guys! I'm new here, so hello Smile

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm having problems with my graphics when I load up my game. (Final Fantasy x-2) Also my FFXII doesn't load, it gets so far and it crashes.....

The playstation 2 load up part (where it literally says Playstation 2) isn't too bad, however it does jump down to the bottom of the screen randomly. Getting to the statup menu is fine, it's when I click "new game" and the problem starts, I get this noise which basically implys the new game has been clicked, then it studders and I get a screen which I can just barely make out the picture. I'm left with a flickering screen of lines....and a perfectly fine sound. I am running Norton Anti-Virus in the background (not scanning) could that possibly be doing anything?

My PC Specs are

Intel i7 940 2.93 Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
GeForce GTX 280 1GB

Anyways I'm utterly puzzled by this, I've probably made a right noob mistake somewhere (I literally am a noob to this, never used an emu before)

The games fine on my PS2, so I can't see a problem with it. It's puzzling me...also I'm running @ 1920x1080 60Hz

I am also running this through the CD (Not sure if that helps, don't know)

Please if anyone can enlighten me, I'd love ya. Cool

>>>>*Edit*<<<<

Right OK, so I've knocked it down to 1280x102460Hz. It's still XII still crashes and X-2 still shows up in lovely little lines....

Not sure what you mean with the graphical plugin settings....but basically I've config.

Resolution: 1280x1024 60Hz
Renderer: Direct3D 10 (hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0 (can't choose anything else)
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
D3D internal res: 1024 1024 (I've clicked on native now)
SW Rend: 1

NLOOP Hack un-ticked
Tex Filtering clicked
Wait Vsync un-ticked

CPU Settings (just had a brilliant idea, TAKE A BLOOMIN SCREENSHOT! *duh*)

[Image: cpuconfig.jpg]
By skippeh at 2009-07-23

Speed Hack: [Image: speedhack.jpg]
By skippeh at 2009-07-23

These have not been tampered with, bearing in mind I've just installed, done the config, and tried for about two days with failure.

Thanks again guys!

Sponsored links

While your video card probably can handle it, I would suggest notching the resolution down a bit for the time being (you can even just put it at native until we figure out the problem). It would also be helpful if you would share you graphical plugin settings, your cpu settings, and your speedhack settings.
FFX-2 FMVs are buggy, you can try playing them with native resolution or software renderer in GSdx but it is normal, the game itself should be fine.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hi guys, I've started using it as "Native" and on Direct3D10(software) (Hardware seems to be causing the problem)

Would that imply that my graphics cards' the thing that doesn't like it? It's a bit annoying because you get the image fine, but it shakes everynow and then and the sound totally doesn't match up. That being said I've not had chance to try out the game, because it freezes!!!!!!!!! UGH! So not cool.....

Hope this will bump so I can get some nice replys Smile

Thanks to the guys who replied all ready, I've made some progress with it Tongue lol! Laugh
I suggest that you can try using the latest official beta 1474 and speed hack 1.5 or 2.0. Maybe the game works better in the beta but the fmv sequences still needs software mode if i remember well (i didn't test the game in some time).
I've had no luck what so ever, it keeps crashing now randomly Wacko

It's getting pretty annoying lol Tongue

I can't understand or get my head around why it would freeze on such a powerful system. Also can anyone please explain to me how I use these "iso"

For EG that beta it only uses ISO programs to run the game, I've got something called powerISO, but I have NOOO idea how on earth to run it, let alone what it's for. (I guess it's for changing it from running on a ps2 to being able to run on a PC?, I've no idea....ugh)

Well thanks so far, I got further.....but it decides to crash.....yey Sad
An ISO is a single file that contains all of the contents of a CD or DVD. It's an image of a disc, and is used to create a perfect copy of a disc to keep stored on your computer. In this case it's useful because computers will read the ISO on your computer faster than the DVD in your DVD drive, which means it will perform better in PCSX2.

The most popular program for making ISOs is ImgBurn, located here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
And here is a guide to create an ISO with ImgBurn: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 680 2GB
(07-28-2009, 05:02 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: An ISO is a single file that contains all of the contents of a CD or DVD. It's an image of a disc, and is used to create a perfect copy of a disc to keep stored on your computer. In this case it's useful because computers will read the ISO on your computer faster than the DVD in your DVD drive, which means it will perform better in PCSX2.

The most popular program for making ISOs is ImgBurn, located here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
And here is a guide to create an ISO with ImgBurn: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379

Thanks mate, that helped a lot!!!! Well it appears to be kinda working. Thankfully beta seems to be <3ing me Smile and actually works OK.

How ever, I was in game and realised I didn't do my controlls, so I pressed esc, it closed it down I did my keyboard controlls and then I went back, only to find it running at 100MPH!! It seems like it's in super fast mode...lol. Any idea how to sort this.

Also another question, can I use my PS3 controller? If so how.

Thanks everyone for the help!! Much much MUCH appreciated.
check if the "framelimiter mode" is set to "limit", you can change the mode during the emulation with F4. and someone has released a windows driver for the ps3 controller, just google for it, there are tons of pages about it, but i have no idea if it really works Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-28-2009, 10:43 PM)Skippor Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 05:02 AM)Larfin_Man Wrote: An ISO is a single file that contains all of the contents of a CD or DVD. It's an image of a disc, and is used to create a perfect copy of a disc to keep stored on your computer. In this case it's useful because computers will read the ISO on your computer faster than the DVD in your DVD drive, which means it will perform better in PCSX2.

Thanks mate, that helped a lot!!!! Well it appears to be kinda working. Thankfully beta seems to be <3ing me Smile and actually works OK.

How ever, I was in game and realised I didn't do my controlls, so I pressed esc, it closed it down I did my keyboard controlls and then I went back, only to find it running at 100MPH!! It seems like it's in super fast mode...lol. Any idea how to sort this.

Also another question, can I use my PS3 controller? If so how.

Thanks everyone for the help!! Much much MUCH appreciated.

Are you using 64 bit Vista or Windows 7? If so, read my thread about using your PS3 controller on a 64 bit Windows OS:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7582.html
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.