Processor Question
Hi guys, got a quick question here regarding CPU. Gonna build myself a new PC soon, and was thinking about maybe this processor: AMD FX-8350
Would it be any good for PCSX2? It has 8 cores, how many cores does PCSX2 recognise? I'm thinking also in relation to software mode (F9) you can set extra rendering cores/threads, would 8 cores help in that way? Or maybe you guys could suggest a better processor in similar price range. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Sponsored links

you would do much better with a cpu like this for pcsx2:
http://www.ebuyer.com/538187-intel-core-...0646i34340

note that means exclusivity to pcsx2. intels on top of it run better on pcsx2 in general.

I have found running 3 threads seems to run fine. I haven't seen much advantage to more
(04-23-2014, 05:26 PM)kaleyboy Wrote: Hi guys, got a quick question here regarding CPU. Gonna build myself a new PC soon, and was thinking about maybe this processor: AMD FX-8350
Would it be any good for PCSX2? It has 8 cores, how many cores does PCSX2 recognise? I'm thinking also in relation to software mode (F9) you can set extra rendering cores/threads, would 8 cores help in that way? Or maybe you guys could suggest a better processor in similar price range. Thanks in advance for any help offered.
Some Haswell i5 would be far better,Piledriver has low IPC so its IPS is pretty low as well.PCSX2 is rather poorly threaded except in software mode but am not sure how much 8 cores would help even in software mode.
A 4Ghz range Vishera chip is plenty for PCSX2. But more than 3 cores isn't going to help you except with software mode.

Of course if you can afford it, you will get better performance overall with an intel chip. Except in some very specific extremely highly threadable tasks.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks for the replies. Looks like Intel is gonna be the way to go.