Processor to play PS2 games perfectly
Hello, I want to buy a processor to run PCSX2, but my motherboard does not support Intel Core i3, i5 or i7.
My RAM is 2 GB DDR2 and my video card is NVidia Geforce 9600 GT.

If I buy an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, will I be able to play PS2 games perfectly, like on a true PS2, at 100% of speed, with music and sound effects?

Sponsored links

depends on the game, really.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Many games will play at full speed, not all though. And perfect is not a word I would use for most of the games that are playable. Some have minor to major bugs, be it graphical or otherwise.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
Some games that I want to play are: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Dragon Quest VIII, God of War, Metal Gear Solid and Gran Turismo 4. Will these games run at full speed without annoying bugs?
I can speak for FFX, FFXII. These will work fine, FFX is nearly perfect, FFXII can have minor glithes(atleast when I last tried it) fully playable though. I think youll be ok for GoW/MGS but Im not sure since I dont have them. GT4 is supposedly one of the most demanding games and requires somewhere around 4ghz.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
What I've heard from many mods/helpers/devs here it is recommended to take a cpu that has atleast 3 ghz each core Smile I still try to save money for the AMD Phenom II X4 970 BE Smile
I have E8400@3Ghz.

GOW 1/2 run mostly at or near full speed with speed hacks (completed both on Pcsx2).

MGS 2/3 NTSC are playable (completed both on Pcsx2) with min fps of around 30 and average of about 50 (probably around 20-30% at full speed), with speed hacks.

GT3/4 /TT, in free-run mode with speed hacks, run OK on some tracks and slow on others (GT3 is faster), reaching full speed on some parts of the track, but with other cars at the track it's too slow to be fun IMO.

Ico/SoTC (completed) and DMC run at full speed all the time (SoTC slightly less).

If you'll OC you'll get better results but I don't. So no, E8400 will not get you full speed at all games, but you'll be able to enjoy some.
E8400 @ 4.12Ghz here. Plays all games fine except for the most demanding ones.