Program randomly crashes
For some reason, the emulator keeps crashing (error occurs and emulator shuts down).
I've tried various settings, though since it happens at entirely random times, I'm not sure what causes it.
(It crashes in-game, during loading screens, when im changing settings on emulator with no game running, etc.)

Emulator runs at perfect speeds without speed hacks, (on turbo it nets 120fps on most games with no problems), so i doubt its hardware issue, though i'm not exactly savvy on a pc, so who knows.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

please provide your emulog and also try playing using the safest preset and check whether you can observe the crashes.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-15-2015, 07:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Using PCSX2 1.2.1 (r5875)

I prefer default settings, but the crashes happen regardless if it's default or not.

DBZ budokai, naruto ultimate ninja 5, xenosaga, midnight club 3, FF10, n so on. happens on all of them. (also happens with no game running)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

an emulog.txt after you had a crash would help us too Wink
lol i'm not sure how. whole program bombs, not sure how to pull old logs
it's in the logs folder of the directory where you had installed PCSX2. also, did you try using safest preset option and observe any crashes ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
in my documents\pcsx2\logs or pcsx2\logs
eh, looks like theres nothing but the most recent log in that txt file
I'll try and get the crash to happen again, maybe i can cap the log before program ends

hopefully we'll get this Case Closed Smile
if you restart pcsx2 after a crash, you overwrite the log.
make sure you copy/paste the log somewhere else before restarting pcsx2