Progress flood!
A lot is going on behind the scenes these days so without further ado here's our news:
  • PCSX2 has a brand new GUI in development! We will be using wxWidgets for cross-platform compatibility and speedier dev cycles. However it won't be ready for beta for some time. For further info read the blog titled Measuring the Benefits of wxWidgets
  • A Final beta has been released using the current PCSX2 GUI. It has tons of improvements over the old one, mainly on microVU which is now almost complete. Get it from our downloads section.
  • First time we release a Linux beta, courtesy of Arcum42, found in the above link as well.
  • Blog posts now allow user comments in our forum! Discussions surrounding the development part of PCSX2 are going strong in the new forum Smile
  • Major work on the site even if you can't see it. New Guide page, updated About, updated Contact, all pages XHTML valid, Compatibility list filter/go button fixed and cross-browser compatibility.
  • New, extremely detailed Compile Wiki, courtesy of n1ckn4m3.
  • New forum plugins, added recaptcha 2 for spam protection, auto image resizing,users browsing thread and favorite icon. Fixes for the Dark theme, which should now look perfect in all browsers

As development of the new GUI is currently under way, the trunk of our SVN will have a very alpha PCSX2 which you should only use for testing or just out of curiosity. For a bleeding edge usable PCSX2 for the time being use the last released beta.

That's all for now Smile
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

this is just great thanks team.
o btw first post here Smile
Oh wow, just saw this in my RSS-feed. I haven't followed the project in a few months but this looks amazing, good job!!

About the new GUI, you said this beta is the last beta that uses the old GUI. Does that mean we're getting a new stable with the new GUI or a new beta with the new GUI?
It means that next beta will have the new GUI, but who knows when we'll have a working and stable enough build of the new GUI to release it
I clarified the announcement a bit so that it states the new GUI is in development. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Hi! This is my first post here. I'm Luigi__ aka NHervé.

So you're going to make a wxWidgets GUI, like Dolphin. Seems pretty cool.
By the way, I myself already wanted to make a wxWidgets GUI for DeSmuME... but never finished it.
wxWidgets is pretty cool though.
Hey Luigi__ welcome Smile Feel free to create 2 threads for your plugins in the plugin forum and attach them there! We will sticky them Wink
good to hear the good news about pcsx2 emulator . I ugerly wait for the next release . hope it will be perfect .
(09-10-2009, 06:21 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hey Luigi__ welcome Smile Feel free to create 2 threads for your plugins in the plugin forum and attach them there! We will sticky them Wink

No worry! It should be done soon enough hopefully Smile
I think we should also add to the progress flood message,that now we also have a memcards/savestates thread in chatterbox,so as more people will know about it.