Proper Settings?
So, I have PCSX2 v0.9.8. I own an imported copy of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and I'm having a little trouble getting it to run full speed. In most occasions, actual gameplay and cutscenes are both about 50 FPS.

Now, the thing is, I have had this working 100% speed on a previous version of this emulator. My PC died on me, though, and I lost all settings.

Can someone tell me the correct configuration and plug-ins I need to run this 100%? Rest assured, my comp can handle it, no problem.

Please help, and thanks in advance to any efforts.

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-0-9...-Questions
I have already read through the above posting, and didn't find much useful there. I appreciate you trying, but next time maybe give some information or ask a question before handing me a link.

To clarify, anyone that wants to post should please post something useful or just don't post. I would appreciate it. Don't waste both your time and mine.

EDIT: I said that I had it working on a previous version, but I have also had it working on this one. I was just clarifying that it is very good at working on this emulator, previous version or not.
PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-10-2011, 05:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: PC specs? PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?

I know the comp is good enough, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give a little info.

OPERATING SYSTEM
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P7350 @ 2.00GHz
Penryn 45nm Technology

RAM
4 Gigs Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz

MOTHERBOARD
TOSHIBA KSRAA

GRAPHICS
Generic PnP Monitor @ 1440x900
512 MB GeForce 9700 M GTS (TOSHIBA)

OPTICAL DRIVES
PIONEER DVD-RW DVRTD08L
DTSoftBusCd00

AUDIO
Realtek High Definition Audio

That about sums it up. As for the emulator itself, I'm running on base plug-ins; whatever came with the system. I have speedhacks enabled, which helped a little bit.

During cutscenes, the FPS drops to about 50, give or take a few. At this time, the EE hits 98% or thereabouts, the lowest being 87% and the highest at 98%. The GS ranges between 3 and 9%, with the lowest being zero and the highest being 10%.

During the slow parts of gameplay, FPS hits 45%. EE hits about 80%, GS hits between 25 and 37%.

I'll be honest, I have not the foggiest what EE and GS do. I hope this is enough information; if you need more, simply let me know. : )

By the way, Squall, sorry about my post. I was kinda being a jerk. My apologies, I know you were only trying to help.
Basically EE is the CPU load from PCSX2 and other plugins, GS is the load from the GS plugin.

You have a slow CPU and just a little better GPU. I'd say you are getting enough speed as it is but when neither EE/GS% reaches at least 90% you could try reducing the internal reoslution or simply checking the "Native" option in GSdx, also when EE reaches ~90% you can try speedhacks, reducing the EE/VU clamps to 'none', using superVU as VU recompiler and even changing the sound plugin to ZeroSPU2 for less load in the EE thread.

Edit: Oh and make sure you set the power profile in windows Control Panel to high performance, and disable any other kind of power saving features (unless running in battery mode that is).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Reduced the clamps and set internal res to native. Speedhacks were already enabled. Changed to SuperVU with both VU0 and VU1 (wasn't sure if it was both or none). I don't know if switching to the other sound plug-in would do anything, because I don't have it. I did, however, change interpolation to Linear, I dunno if that would help.

The FPS tends to stay around 50% unless there are a few bodies on the screen, when it drops to 45%. If nothing is on the screen but my character and scenery, it hits 60%. Battles are consistently 50%.

I don't know how much you know about Kingdom Hearts 2, but there are usually a lot of enemies on screen at once, and its a very active battle system, making this particularly annoying to work around. Any further help would be appreciated...