Ps1 controller compatability issue
I cant seem to get my ps1 controller to work. IDK if its not compatable or if I need special software or if its a windows 10 issue. I plug it in with the adapter and it doesnt register any input when I try to configure it with either lillypad or pokepom.

Sponsored links

Could you send the link of the adapter that you bought? I could try finding out to see if it works with a PS1 controller.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
PS1 controllers do work with PCSX2, though they do lack the pressure sensitive buttons some games need (but so do most controller choices). Check in win 10 under devices and printers to see if the controller is recognized (well the adapter is) and it shows a controller. Odds are it should be a directinput kind if your adapter works anything like the 2 or 3 I own. Also out of the 3 only one works with Win 10, 1 with Win 7 (oddly not the same one as the Win 10 one) and all 3 work with XP (and linux). So your results may vary on if it works with your OS.
I know that part, but it's just that it also needs a compatible adapter that's converts the PS1/PS2 controller into a USB gamepad. Most adapters should work though on all modern versions of Windows from 7 all the way to 10 as mine does. It probably says DX Gamepad or something similar like that.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!