Ps2 lag
When ever I try to play any game for example crash bandicoot wrath of cortex my fps is like 40 and idk why

My graphics card is geforce GT 640

Ram is 8gb

My processor is AMD FX ™ -4100 quad-core processor

At first I thought it was my ram but then I thought it was my processor idk

Sponsored links

It's definitely not the RAM. Most likely it's the cpu, as Bulldozer was pretty bad in single thread performance. Piledriver improved on this shortcoming by about 20%

Anyways, just to be sure, look at the EE and GS% during the slowdowns. Make sure you are in hardware mode and native resolution for control variables. If EE is close to 100%, try the MTVU hack, overclock where you can (should get 4.4 ghz even on stock fan Smile ), experiment with with EE timing and VU cycle stealing hack.

GS close to 100%. Most likely it's still the cpu. Overclock and try VU cycle stealing. Maybe try software mode with extra rendering threads to 2.

If neither EE nor GS% are high, then most likely the gpu is the problem. I doubt this is the case, as the 640, while not superior, is ok for most pcsx2 purposes.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

CPU for sure. AS DatankAC said bulldozer isn't good at single performance. I don't know if you know how to overclock but if you don't. don't bother if your not careful you can damage your PC hardware making your game run even worse or your computer inoperable
Windows 10
Intel 5930k 4.2ghz/core
32 GBs of 2400MHz DDR4
AMD PoweColor 390X (GPUs are expensive or this would be in crossfire)
It can't be my graphics card most of the games I play like of games like L4D and fallout idk why this ps2 emulator ain't working plus the ps1 emulator works fine
well you cannot compare PC games+Ps1 emulator with an PS2 emulator it's already out-of-range.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(08-14-2013, 04:36 AM)Mgs209 Wrote: It can't be my graphics card most of the games I play like of games like L4D and fallout idk why this ps2 emulator ain't working plus the ps1 emulator works fine

PS1 emus run full speed on a sub 1ghz machine over a decade ago... It's kind of like saying "Starcraft 1 plays perfectly on this machine, not sure why Crysis 3 isn't doing as well."

Modern PC games are heavily GPU bound, emulation of advanced systems like PS2 are usually heavily CPU bound by comparison. The first generation bulldozer CPUs from AMD are known to be especially bad in single thread performance (what matters most to PCSX2)
[Image: 2748844.png]