Psi-Ops pcsx2, green Z-plane Problem **SOLVED**
Ok, is was able to find and try r5557 from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

But same issues exist... Sad

I'm using sse2 on an AMD cpu and Nvidia card.

Could one of these factors be the cause? I haven't had any other problems with the many other games I play on PCSX2...

Sponsored links

Ok, I've found the solution:

Enabling the HW hack "Skipdraw" set to a value of "3" fixes all issues, even the fps problems! Cool

But, in game the screen is "jumpy". About once a second it seems to skip frames or pause for a split second. Not sure which one. This is most noticable with frame limiter "on", but I think it's still happening, though faster, when limiter is "off" with the game running ~80fps.

This is the first I've seen a game be "jumpy".

Any idea why this is?

Does it have to do with "skipdraw"? (I didn't think "skipdraw" means skip frames though, correct?)
(08-27-2013, 11:39 PM)GITech Wrote: Ok, I've found the solution:

Enabling the HW hack "Skipdraw" set to a value of "3" fixes all issues, even the fps problems! Cool

But, in game the screen is "jumpy". About once a second it seems to skip frames or pause for a split second. Not sure which one. This is most noticable with frame limiter "on", but I think it's still happening, though faster, when limiter is "off" with the game running ~80fps.

This is the first I've seen a game be "jumpy".

Any idea why this is?

Does it have to do with "skipdraw"? (I didn't think "skipdraw" means skip frames though, correct?)

Nah, skipdraw does whatever the name says, it skips drawing. Now i'm not sure what that is and how it's represented by a number, but sometimes it can fix issues by not drawing problematic elements, or create new ones, or both.
Any ideas on the jumpy output?
Press f5 i think it fix your 'jumpy or shaking' screen. Other then that i think the skip draw causes problem here.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Thanks, but that's not it.

It is ok though, within 10 min I forgot about the jumping. It's not bad at all.

BTW: THIS GAME ROCKS!!!

It is hard and the environmental puzzles are challenging, but everything works as it should and I love it!

I think most people who give up on this game don't play it long enough. They see that his jump is weak, his melee moves are silly, and his wall sticking for stealth is unreliable, but that's because he is more of a climber to reach high places and you can surf on objects you pick up with "TK" to traverse distances, his melee is a 1 hit kill on unsuspecting enemies, and there is no reason to ever use the wall sticking mechanic.

Give the game 2-3 hours to get used to at least. It's great!

BTW: You need to use a controller with analog triggers, ie; xbox 360 controller. It controls the height of objects lifted with "TK".

(Hint: Watch a walkthrough vid or two of latter stages to see that the first level is nothing to compare the rest of the game to).

Thanks for the help,
Jay
Anyone else played this game?