Psi-Ops pcsx2, green Z-plane Problem **SOLVED**
Video 
Hello,

First let me say thanks to all who work on PCSX2! Smile

I just signed up but have ~6 months of PCSX2 use under my belt. I don't like to ask questions unless I hit a real brick wall..

The thing is I am getting a strange problem when trying this game, and I don't see any evidence of it metioned anywhere.

In fact the problem is more than just the green z-plane problem, as this is the best I can get it to run (outside of software mode)..

dx9 and 10 do almost the same thing, I do not have dx11.

With dx9 this problem exists in native resolution and in 2x with normal FPS (~81fps in test spot). But, 3x gives <1fps, and 4x renders correctly but at ~20fps.

With dx10 this problem exists in native and 2x and exibits a double vision blur, with normal fps (~81fps in test spot). 3x gives <1fps and has the double vision blur, and 4x renders correctly but gives only 40-50fps in test spot (this fps may be normal, but I don't think so given the other evidence here and the fact that I can run all games in 4x at double speed or more most of the time. 4x also can keep ghosts of the z-plane cliping if changed from say 2x to 4x, and gives black screen until changed to and/or from fullscreen.

Any ideas? By all accounts this game should work without issue sooo..

Thanks for any help you can give me. Smile

This video was taken in dx9 with 2x internal resolution to show the clipping issue at least.

http://youtu.be/86DXOrRtB00

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/86DXOrRtB00" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsored links

What game you trying to play.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Game: Psi-Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy

BTW: The video was embedded, now it's not showing??

Thanks,
Jay
Any non default settings you use?
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
All default other than hide mouse cursor, FS on double click, etc.. meaningless GS window settings (?).

Same issues with all speed hacks disabled. (just tried it again, no change)
(08-27-2013, 08:15 PM)GITech Wrote: All default other than hide mouse cursor, FS on double click, etc.. meaningless GS window settings (?).

Same issues with all speed hacks disabled. (just tried it, no change)

did you try latest svn.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Would the newest from gregory.hainaut, r5724, be a good one to try?

BTW: This is not better than a kick in the nuts! Blink Biggrin (joke from video..)
(08-27-2013, 08:28 PM)GITech Wrote: Would the newest from gregory.hainaut, r5724, be a good one to try?

BTW: This is not better than a kick in the nuts! Blink Biggrin (joke from video..)

yes, newest one.
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Ok, just tried it.

All problems with all renderers and scalings are exactly the same with the latest rev.

Except dx9 gives "green screen" in ADDITION to all other issues in native, 2x and 3x (3x still <1fps). 4x freezes video output but game still runs at 20fps (same fps as before here).

dx10: no change at all.

New OGL: game locks up on boot.

Tried dissabling FXAA: no change.

Note: It seems maybe it's a GS problem as it's at 100% while EE is at 50% with the frame limiter off. This is with dx10 and 4x. It's still slower than "it should be" (40-50fps in test location), and speed hacks have no effect at all, good or bad. Is there a frame buffer effect here that may be the cause??
Looks like this guy has it working well on r5557..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt73pumyd08

But, can't find that rev on pcsx2 svn page to try it out...

Thanks for all the quick replies! Smile