Poll: How interested are you in this feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very Interested, would love to contribute!
51.85%
14 51.85%
Interesting, might give it a go!
29.63%
8 29.63%
Would be nice to use, but not interested in contributing!
7.41%
2 7.41%
Not at all, awful idea!
11.11%
3 11.11%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Public Contributions to the Compat List! - READ THIS IF YOU EVER WANT IT!
The problem with making something like this public is that every random jackass will start trying to submit results. We would go from having a not up to date list, to an extremely suspect list. Then we would get more threads about "OMG COMPATIBILITY LIST SAYS PLAYABLE BUT I CAN'T PLAY!"
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

This is the thing, its not actually going to be public! The testing team will test and give the game a status (nothing, intro, menus, ingame, playable). The public deep test and submit a result upon completing 100% of the game under PCSX2, with detailed proof of this achievement. This system takes a load off the PCSX2 testing team, is not used for general status, and is mostly a confirmation and addition to the playable status, eg playable+

A deep test by its very nature is slow, ergo we won't get floods of results (unless people are lying, and then we'd know), and all "playable+" status's are vetted by the team.
» Beta Tester for PCSX2 | Satourne | nullDC | Dolphin «
» Core i7 950 D0 @ 3.07GHz | GeForce GTX 480 | 6GB DDR3 Tri Channel «
Well, if it could be properly filtered I guess it would be ok. IDK, I'm just a skeptic, I guess.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I agree with this. Deep testing from start to finish is impossible for team testers but we can easily use public results for it. Some information (even relatively wrong) is better than no information.
Plus the requirements of posting screens and a memcard throughout the game should filter out bogus reports
[Image: newsig.jpg]