Resolved: [Bug Report] Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shou
Actually I ran a gs dump recently.Unfortunately the hud is still broken (tested only default setting)

Actually maybe SW is better. And potentially video are working on HW too. Give it a shot to new build but don't expext too much

Sponsored links

Still broken besides running in SW mode but video does play in HW mode. Any progress towards a fix for this? I am running GIT 06/28/2016
21/7/2016

tested with v1.5.0-dev-975-gdbda929

The hud still have the same issues:

in all GSdx modes:
-D3D9 Hard & Soft
-D3D11 Hard & Soft
-OpenGL Hard & Soft
I'd love to see this fixed. The HUD is the only bug the game currently faces in emulation. One thing that hasn't been noted is that now in hardware mode, pink boxes are rendered in place of all HUD elements, so it seems like some form of step forward has been achieved. Previously, the item/support icons were completely invisible in hardware mode. Software retains the same issues, however.

Edit: I lied, that was only a one-off git build. It's back to rendering nothing but a slightly transparent black box for health and no items/support.

Edit 2: Lied again. The pink boxes returned. Also noticed cutscenes work in hardware mode now.

[Image: Mtem7Wv.png]
Well, we are getting this soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSgOCkFkxRc

I still would like to do one run my emulator on this game last time i had to play it on my ps2.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1526

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
Hello all,

I just found myself invested in trying to play this game.  As regards to hardware mode, with PCSX2 1.5.0-20160910000905 (compiled by EmuCR.com, not me):

Enable: Video (GS)>OpenGL(Hardware)>Configure Hacks>Preload Frame Data
I've found with this setting I can have the UI elements present just as in software mode (with the same limitations addressed in this thread), even with the resolution scaled.

[Image: AmHu85u.png]

HOWEVER, this only seems to work when the emulator is started in OpenGL(Hardware) mode, as when you change any settings or switch to-and-from software rendering:

[Image: LuF81PK.png]

The UI elements crunch themselves into the corner, and don't reflect any information.  I've found no setting or hack to combat this so far (please tell me).

This puts the game very nearly at a playable state for me, as I can make do without the item cooldowns (still shows binary ready/exhausted state currently) and rage meter, except that the cutscenes only display the english-patched subtitles in software rendering, and the UI cracks after I switch to/from. Sad

Just as according to the bug report, this appears to be a layering issue, but I've discovered no combination of hacks to fix this, including trying UserHacks_AutoFlush=1 and ZeroGS as mentioned there.  I hope this helps somebody, and do let me know if you find a fix for this!
(09-11-2016, 06:46 PM)Pipyui Wrote: Hello all,

I just found myself invested in trying to play this game.  As regards to hardware mode, with PCSX2 1.5.0-20160910000905 (compiled by EmuCR.com, not me):

Enable: Video (GS)>OpenGL(Hardware)>Configure Hacks>Preload Frame Data
I've found with this setting I can have the UI elements present just as in software mode (with the same limitations addressed in this thread), even with the resolution scaled.

[Image: AmHu85u.png]

HOWEVER, this only seems to work when the emulator is started in OpenGL(Hardware) mode, as when you change any settings or switch to-and-from software rendering:

[Image: LuF81PK.png]

The UI elements crunch themselves into the corner, and don't reflect any information.  I've found no setting or hack to combat this so far (please tell me).

This puts the game very nearly at a playable state for me, as I can make do without the item cooldowns (still shows binary ready/exhausted state currently) and rage meter, except that the cutscenes only display the english-patched subtitles in software rendering, and the UI cracks after I switch to/from. Sad

Just as according to the bug report, this appears to be a layering issue, but I've discovered no combination of hacks to fix this, including trying UserHacks_AutoFlush=1 and ZeroGS as mentioned there.  I hope this helps somebody, and do let me know if you find a fix for this!

Sorry, we dont support unofficial builds. Retry with the official git builds please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks jesalvein, I was afraid of that.  Fortunately, I found the Orphis builds just as I was looking to clone the repo. Happy

Okay, so I encounter the same behavior running v1.5.0-dev-1274 - including having no results with UserHacks_AutoFlush=1 nor ZeroGS in either hardware or software rendering.  I'll respond likewise in the bug report regarding them now that I know I'm on a proper build (though I haven't looked yet to see what AutoFlush is supposed to do anyway Blush ).

It may or may not help to note that the english subtitles during cutscenes rendering in OpenGL hardware mode appear at the instant I press 'Start' to skip them (when it's too late, of course), which I suspect lends credence to the thought of UI layering errors.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5