Resolved: [Bug Report] Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shou
[Bug Report] Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shou [NTSC-U] <---- (not really sure since the game was not officially released on america, probably is [NTSC-J]?)

# PCSX2 version: Official v1.2.1 release

# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (also tested all the other options)

# Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 rev 5875 (hardware and software, dx11), SPU2-X v2 rev 5830

# Description: The game has 2 problems, one is not really a big deal but the other one it is:

1-The game videos only shown in software mode, only the presentation video shows correctly on hardware mode, this problem is not really that big of a deal.

2-The HUD of the game is not displayed in hardware mode and it only shows a black square (some people report pink squares too):

[Image: Sin_t_tulo.jpg]

Now this is how it looks in software mode:

[Image: Sin_t_tulo2.jpg]

Now, in software mode is also not displaying correctly, you can see your health droping when you get hit even if its not displayed correctly BUT there is another thing that is not being displayed in software mode and its the secondary weapons and companion powers recharge times, as you can see in the image in the top right those are the secondary weapons, they dont use ammo they have cool downs and those cooldowns are displayed by those yellow bars, when you use them the bar is supposed to go empty and then refill while time passes, the problem is even in software mode that is not being displayed.

There is also another Bug in the HUD that even in software mode is persistent, to the right of the health circle is the "berserk" gauge, the one that has black background, when it is filled it should be blue, that gauge fills up when you hit enemies, in that second screenshot i have it at full yet it isnt showing at all and its on software mode.

So in short, the HUD is not working in both hardware and software mode.

This is how it should be displaying:

[Image: 0.jpg]

As you can see the health gauge is not a square, the berserk gauge is blue showing he has it at full and he just used the bombs weapon and shows the yellow bar empty and refilling itself.

I hope you can take a look at this.

Sponsored links

Try and see if DX9 and OpenGL change anything. And have you tried enabling some of the HW hacks?

If nothing changes, try the game with the latest git release to see if the issue has been resolved:
http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html
since this sounds like a really rare game, could you also provide a GS dump ? Thanks.

If you're not sure how to make a dump, take a look here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-cr...er-GS-dump
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-26-2015, 12:16 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Try and see if DX9 and OpenGL change anything. And have you tried enabling some of the HW hacks?

If nothing changes, try the game with the latest git release to see if the issue has been resolved:

Yes, i tried DX9 and OpenGL, enabled the HW hacks too etc and nothing happened i literally used everything in the emulators options.

Tried the latest git release and the problem persist.

(10-26-2015, 01:58 PM)ssakash Wrote: since this sounds like a really rare game, could you also provide a GS dump ? Thanks.

If you're not sure how to make a dump, take a look here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-cr...er-GS-dump

Well, never released outside of japan and a person did a patch to english because there are many fans of the Manga/Anime Berserk out there and also the game is not bad, that being said here is the dump i made:

https://mega.nz/#!vogRARyJ!7J0OPqIonYG4I...j8M-RB4EeE
This is a really excellent thread. The fact that you found these issues is great zherot, especially sine the devs complain about bug reports being addressed in hardware mode and not software. This game has been forgotten and should really be looked at. Not forgotten because the game is rare, the fact that someone made an English translation says that there is a demand to play it, it just seems like it was labeled as unfixable. I'm really hoping the PS2 team can take a hard look at this one. Great job zherot and Ps2 team.
I tried this game more than 5 years ago, and renounced playing because the emulation was terrible. Now after many years and many new versions of this emulator still the game has the same defects. we are speaking of a console of almost 15 years ago and our pcs now afford games lot heavier than games of ten yars ago, and still this emulator isn t able to run smoothly?? Pitiful, at least.
(01-06-2016, 09:40 PM)nessuno999 Wrote: I tried this game more than 5 years ago, and renounced playing because the emulation was terrible. Now after many years and many new versions of this emulator still the game has the same defects.

The devs probably don't own this game. Still, play it in your ps2 for now.
Quote:we are speaking of a console of almost 15 years ago and our pcs now afford games lot heavier than games of ten yars ago
???
Give a concrete example please...
Quote:, and still this emulator isn t able to run smoothly?? Pitiful, at least.
I have to agree with you. Your understanding is pitiful, at least.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nessuno, you didnt even tell us your problem. You were just ranting that everything is bad. How could a dev solve that issue?

Let's imagine you are good in something and created something like a product or a service and now an angry customer calls you telling everything is ***** and you should fix it. After that he ends the call and your boss requests you to fix it asap. What do you do?

Please be constructive in the bug reports section. If you like ranting just go to the offtopic section.
Just came backe to see if there is any news.
(05-01-2016, 08:44 AM)zherot Wrote: Just came backe to see if there is any news.

Both hardware issues could have been fixed by recent GSdx improvements by gregory. Try the latest GIT version:

Be sure to go to Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings, select OpenGL (Hardware) as renderer and enable Hardware Depth.