Pushed: [Bug Report] PaRappa The Rapper 2 [PAL-E] Missing colored wavy lines in Hardware mode
Hello dear PCSX2-Team,

i would like to point out a bug in this game again, which i have already more or less written about in a normal thread. At the moment, these colorful wavy lines are only displayed correctly in software mode, as apparently certain settings are required in hardware mode to display them correctly. Maybe only the GameDB needs to be updated? I used the Vulkan renderer for testing in hardware mode, as Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12 and OpenGL strangely do not display these lines quite correctly.

Game: PaRappa The Rapper 2 [PAL-E] (SCES_504.08 / CRC = 326339BF) and maybe the other regions, too
First affected PCSX2-Version: Any PCSX2-Version
Last working PCSX2-Version: None yet

Vulkan hardware mode with the current GameDB
    Global (CPU Sprite Render Size: 0 (Disabled))

Vulkan hardware mode with changed settings
    CPU Sprite Render Size: 10 (640 Max Width) Sprites Only

Direct3D 11, Direct3D 12 and OpenGL hardware mode
    CPU Sprite Render Size: 10 (640 Max Width) Sprites Only

Software mode for comparison

Single Frame GS-Dump: https://www.file-upload.net/download-152...00.gs.html

Probably a bit more than a new GameDB entry is necessary, as currently only the Vulkan renderer displays these lines correctly. Hence the GS-Dump for a self-test. Smile

Sponsored links

Yeah we're not additing Render Size 10 to the gamedb, that's ridiculous Tongue That's basically just using software, but really jankily.

But yeah we're aware that the "noodles" are missing.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Everything is okay. Nevertheless, it is also good for other users to know how this issue could theoretically be resolved at the moment. I think that many people do not even know that these noodles are there and if they do, then for many it is not that important. So this is more of a low priority issue. Laugh
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link:
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/8390

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.