Resolved: [Bug Report] Thrillville [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 Versions: 1.2 and 1.3.0-20140815233123
Config: Everything default and no hacks (also tested EE/IOP clamping to Full and VUs clamping to Extra+Preserve sign)
Plugins used: GSdx 0.1.16 (Dx11 Hardware and Software)
Description: The bottom half of every cutscene is blacked out. (Screenshot is attached below)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

please provide a GS dump, it will help the developers in debugging the issue. also, does DX9 & OGL share the similar behavior ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Here's a link to the GS dump: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ox9mmp...5174820.gs

All rendering modes are effected by the bug.
I dont think this is a GS bug.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

@Monsterjamp

Can you check the status of the issue on any older version of PCSX2 from archive ? something like 1.2.1 , 0.9.8.
I've checked older version but they all had the same issues with the cutscenes. Anyways there are other issues with the game too. In software mode (DirectX and OpenGL) the game looks like this:
[Image: G9Qi0C7.png]

[Image: WWm3Osg.png]

This is how it looks like in hardware mode in OpenGL (with Hardware Depth on) :

[Image: g0E8VbU.png]

[Image: VZgIFSO.png]

As you can see in hardware mode the top half of the screen is a bit more accurate than the bottom half. It seems any effects related to sprites only work on the top half of the screen. And this is only with hardware depth on; before hardware depth was added to PCSX2, the hardware renderer (OpenGL and DirectX) both halves of the screen looked the same (inaccurate).

Here's a snap: http://www.mediafire.com/download/415a1p...6104419.gs

Also other (minor) issues with the game include:
The game isn't deinterlaced automatically, you have to select Bob bff to keep the screen stable.
The MTVU hacks breaks the game; but only when you enter a 3D part of the game. You can actually play 2D minigames and go through the menu with the hack on. Might be interesting to debug the game to see what in the 3D engine breaks MTVU.
(03-06-2016, 06:48 PM)monsterjamp Wrote: I've checked older version but they all had the same issues with the cutscenes. Anyways there are other issues with the game too. In software mode (DirectX and OpenGL) the game looks like this:
[Image: G9Qi0C7.png]

[Image: WWm3Osg.png]

This is how it looks like in hardware mode in OpenGL (with Hardware Depth on) :

[Image: g0E8VbU.png]

[Image: VZgIFSO.png]

As you can see in hardware mode the top half of the screen is a bit more accurate than the bottom half. It seems any effects related to sprites only work on the top half of the screen. And this is only with hardware depth on; before hardware depth was added to PCSX2, the hardware renderer (OpenGL and DirectX) both halves of the screen looked the same (inaccurate).
Another half screen depth issue, like FlatOut. The hack I made for FlatOut also fixes this half-screen bug.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1339

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5