Resolved: [Bug Report] Valkyrie Profile 2:Silmeria [PAL]
Well, for several people ZeroGS is extremely faster.

Sponsored links

(01-23-2009, 07:36 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Well, for several people ZeroGS is extremely faster.

maybe for ATI users?
Hi guys Smile

I'm currently testing Valkyrie Profile 2 PAL, and here are my reports :

Playground version : svn 626
Cpu options : EERec, VU recompilers, MTGS on
Plugins used:
Grafic:GSdx 0.1.14 SSE41, Direct3D 10 Hardware Weave bbf, Texture filtering & Wait Vsync checked
Sound: ZeroSPU2 0.46
Control: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Linuz/Pg Iso CDVD 0.8.0

EE/IOP x2 speed hacks, and interesting thing i don't know if anyone has the same problem, but the game refused to run for me until I checked EE & VU roundmodes to Chop/Zero in Advanced options.

Ingame i had the same color problems as you guys, the FPS was also slow, but after seeing the other post on Star Ocean 3 where apparently Gsdx 0.1.7 was way faster, i tested it on VP2, and the difference is also huge !!

In the first town :

GSdx 0.1.14 SSE41 : 30FPS
GSdx 0.1.7 SSSE3 : 60FPS Ohmy

I think that the 0.1.7 version is clearly the good one for Tri Ace games, i don't know for Radiata Stories but for Star Ocean 3 and VP2, it rocks Tongue2

But now i have a lot of garbage in my screen when i arrive in the forest :

[Image: vp2forestbuguh5.th.jpg]

Anyone has the same issue and/or know how to solve it ? Cause i see nearly nothing xD
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
"EE/IOP x2 speed hacks, and interesting thing i don't know if anyone has the same problem, but the game refused to run for me until I checked EE & VU roundmodes to Chop/Zero in Advanced options."

If you hit default in the advanced options you'll see that they get both set to "chop".
This is the only mode in which calculations are the same as the ps2 does.
Tri-Ace games need that 100% precision for the data decryption to work Wink
(01-25-2009, 03:39 PM)rama Wrote: "EE/IOP x2 speed hacks, and interesting thing i don't know if anyone has the same problem, but the game refused to run for me until I checked EE & VU roundmodes to Chop/Zero in Advanced options."

If you hit default in the advanced options you'll see that they get both set to "chop".
This is the only mode in which calculations are the same as the ps2 does.
Tri-Ace games need that 100% precision for the data decryption to work Wink

Ok thanks for the info Rama, i wasn't used to put roundmode to chop by default on other games except the ones that hanged (Persona 4 for example Tongue2) That's why i was wondering Smile

Otherwise, for the graphical bug in the forest, have you seen that in your tests too, or is it an error in my configuration ? It reminds me of the graphical bugs in Gran turismo 4 ^^ I don't have this bug in battles, just the color problem. But in the map it causes a big slowdown Sad
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.7Ghz - Geforce GTX 280 1Go OCed @ 640/1400/1200 Mhz - 4Go RAM Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro Series - Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Yeah, I get this bug as well.
You can try software rendering to fix that for now.
I am using svn 672.
Color bug and total white screen are fixed now.
But bug in the forest (see report from Wohlrajh) is always exist and in this area the game runs very slow, with GSdx 0.1.7 SSSE3 too.
Yeah! I am using pcsx2 0.9.6 , and I have the same problem with others... The game runs very slow with Gsdx0.1.14(SSSE3) , just ~20fps in the first town. I have changed to Gsdx1.7(SSSE3), the fps upto ~37fps , but the graphic bugs doesn't fix (the same as Wohlrajh).
I didn't try Software rendering , but If it's good I won't use it , too --> it's so slow for me to play the game.
Another "bug" here, though I believe it probably is caused by my stupidity. The intro video for the game has audio/video synchronization problems. Either the sound starts too late or the video starts too early. Perhaps both. Cycle Rate x2 gets it all synchronized, but of course, it also breaks the audio(makes it sound skippy).

Higher clamping modes don't work, and without hacks the FMV runs at 93-100%(100% at all times with x1.5 Cycle and higher. x1.5 doesn't fix the desync, though it does help a bit).

GSDx r834
PCSX r831
ZeroSPU r514/SPU2-X r829

What could be the cause of it?
(I have not tried to see if it happens with other videos, but it's probably the same)

NOTE: Copy-pasted from the NTSC topic. Hadn't seen that there were two topics for the game and posted in the wrong one.
well,I just download the game (JPN ver)and try to play it
according to the configure show at top
but I'm stuck in 1st movie,after skip and play new game,it stuck again and I can't even go inside to 1st town.

I use the PCSX2 0.9.6 from this site
Cpu options : EERec, VU recompilers, MTGS on
Gamefix on
Speed Hacks disable
Graphic:GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00,SSSE3) 0.1.14
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Control: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.7.0
Cdvdrom: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0

My computer is
XP
Intel® Core ™2 Duo CPU
E4500"2.20GHz