Resolved: [Bug Report] GSDX: Hardware Mode - Ratchet & Clank (Up Your Arsenal) [NTSC-U]
PCSX2 Version: Git build v1.5.0-dev-2207-g7a7844162
CPU/Emulation Options: Set to last test settings on this wiki page; all hacks are turned off (speedhacks and gsdx hardware hacks)
Plugins Used: check attachment (bugging with insert in post)
How to Replicate: set all emulation/plugin settings to last test settings in provided wiki page; 1st glitch that happens is when you spawn and look at the structure underwater, colors blink between oversaturated and blurry (1st dump); pause and unpause the game, and everything pulls an "I'm the invisible man" and all but a select few things vanish (2nd dump); to top it all off, head to the ship, and rapidly press triangle, and if its done right (or if it happens), everything should turn into a technicolor nightmare out of the 60's or whenever technicolor was booming (3rd dump); consequently, if you stop at the 2nd step when everything dissapears, enter ship and go to annihilation nation, and exit the challenge screen, everything in THIS area should render right EXCEPT for the lighting rendering out from their normal positions, ratchet and clank's models vanished, and the starship still invisible (4th dump). At this post, I tried once again to replicate the 3rd glitch, but it seems to either work some of the time, not at all, or instead robs everything of color except black

Here's the gsdx dumps during this, one for each glitch that happened, numbered to correspond to each glitch in order

EDIT: forgot to mention, if needed, hardware specs are in profile, only thing that changed was the addition of another Blu-Ray drive

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM

Sponsored links

Can you upload davestayes as well please?
if you mean save states (davestayes? what?) then sure, ill test out the glitches and report back/edit this post with another zippyshare link later on

EDIT: Here's the sstates from what glitches I could reproduce (no hw hacks or speedhacks enabled); I tried reproducing the technicolor disaster glitch, but it's either not happening, or just tricky to reproduce from last time (didn't change ANY settings)
In the face of true and un-restrained awesomeness, let it belong to me and me alone, cuz I said so, and cuz I have the HAMS OF DOOM
Glitch #1: Not sure if this is completely fixable, but you can improve the appearance of the affected area by enabling the Half-Pixel Offset hack (set to Normal (Vertex)). This also improves the misaligned glow around lights. Result
Alternatively (or additionally), you can enable the Disable Depth Emulation hack, which removes the broken depth blur effect entirely. Result (with Half-Pixel Offset hack also enabled)

Glitch #2: This can be prevented by enabling the Fast Texture Invalidation hack. If the glitch has already occurred, it can't be fixed without rebooting the game.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
using the 1st one gives me what you show in the 1st pic, same for the 2nd, combined, no problem; would setting the half pixel offset hack to a higher value impact the game any, or would I be better off leaving it at normal (vertex)?

Additional Info: either its seperate from the hw hacks you recommended, but im getting some pretty MASSIVE slowdown when I use the splitting hydra against enemies, plus, im getting a bit of rainbow coloring outlining the screen by a bit; here's an attachment with the gsdx dump and one for the save state if needed

Attached Files
.7z   snaps.7z (Size: 6,1 MB / Downloads: 317)
The broken blur effect on Aquatos looks a tiny bit better with Half-Pixel Offset on Special (Texture), but the glows around lights may look slightly worse in some cases (distorted shape, increased offset from correct position).

Half-Pixel Offset on Special (Texture) seems to have have fewer cases of outlines appearing around the screen compared to Normal (Vertex). Sometimes the persistent outlines can be cleared away by switching to software mode and back with F9.

As for the Spitting Hydra - I think I remember it causing some slowdown on the PS2 itself when used against big groups of enemies. On a very powerful CPU it might be possible to reduce the slowdown by increasing the EE Cyclerate, but otherwise that might just make it worse. Reducing EE Cyclerate might trade the slowdown for internal FPS drops and/or stutter... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
ill tinker with the ee cyclerate and vu cycle stealing speedhacks, see if I can't find a good enough compromise to offset the slowdown on aquatos, will also test everything out on a newer git build if released; this means the known issues section of the wiki entry will be updated, right?
everything works good, though even with or without the speedhacks enabled, there some MASSIVE as all hell slowdown on the obani moons (both the main area and the 2nd moon) and a few others

EDIT: So I tinkered around with the ee cyclerate settings, setting it to -3 did cause some stuttering during the ship flight scenes, but did get optimal-ish performace during the air-drop portion of blackwater city. setting it to -1 did get a BIT of slowdown, but comparing the -3 to -1 did give marked improvements during battle (tested with the splitting hydra at v3, slowdown during -3 ee cyclerate, but not thast much at -1 cycle rate); overall, setting it to -1 has improved speed to tolerable levels (until I hit a level that just eats everything up)
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2088

Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Pushed and has been posted as an issue in our Github repository HERE

Issue link:

This thread will now be moved in the Pushed bug reports subforum.
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5