Q2 2016 progress report
Another one signing up for Linux testing.

I'm currently setting up an arcade box which is running Arch Linux. Hardware wise it's got an i7-5775C processor, Z97E motherboard, 8GB of 2400Mhz DDR3 and uses the on-chip Intel Iris Pro 6200 for graphics.

I'm running PCSX2 from GIT so it's on the bleeding edge there.

Sponsored links

(06-21-2016, 09:02 PM)FlatOut Wrote: No. Bug reports can be posted in the bug reporting forum. Be sure to follow the guidelines from the sticky thread "Read first: How to use this forum, read BEFORE posting".

If you're not sure whether it's a bug or just a wrong setting, make a thread in the general discussion/support forums first.

Apologies. It was the blending. I had it set to high, and that's when the cutscene slowed to about 25 %. But since no blending is needed in SMT: Nocturne, I set it to off, which solved the problem. Non-issue.
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Hi people! I'm sorry to write this message. In these days the graphic card arrived and runs very very very well, but pcsx2 still run slow because my old intel dual core processor is too slow. Now I can't buy a new one, so i can't support the project
Yeh it wasn't going to perform miracles, but it would have netted you bigger speed boosts than upgrading the CPU at this time and probably cost you less Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

However a will buy a new CPU in the future, so one day i could join you
(07-05-2016, 05:53 PM)TronFourtyTwo Wrote: However a will buy a new CPU in the future, so one day i could join you

Don't worry, we'll be waiting for you until the day arrives.

All the other Linux testers who were interested on testing haven't logged back to the forums for over 2 weeks , guess they've been working their ass off on testing that they even forgot to log back to the forums Tongue
I will arrive
If it's got nothing to do with programming I'm all in for Linux testing. I'm on opensource radeon drivers and always updated Arch Linux in Gnome. I'm not that good in programming yet so I wouldn't be any help on that part as of right now I'm learning C# right now. I'm forced to learn C# (education) otherwise I would've learned C/C++. Otherwise I'm very confident about my skills in Linux, as I'm using Linux as my primary system for about 5 years now.
[Image: 2825331mad_scientist130.gif]
Even if you don't code, checking pull request will greatly help me. For example I'm rewritting the pad handling to avoid several pitfalls (in savestate and bad detection of pad on some games). I need linux tester because I don't have time to dev + test + write nice report + support + ...

https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/1476

By the way, if you use the opensource driver, try to get latest Mesa version (git version). They fix a couple of performance issues. And another one will be merged soon (I hope).
(07-24-2016, 06:08 PM)gregory Wrote: By the way, if you use the opensource driver, try to get latest Mesa version (git version). They fix a couple of performance issues. And another one will be merged soon (I hope).

Yep. Always using mesa-git + llvm-svn.
[Image: 2825331mad_scientist130.gif]