Q2 2016 progress report
You won't see an improvement generally with fast texture invalidation, it's only when you reach a point that is usually considerably slower than everywhere else. I expect in the taverns etc will benefit
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-18-2016, 03:47 PM)refraction Wrote: You won't see an improvement generally with fast texture invalidation, it's only when you reach a point that is usually considerably slower than everywhere else. I expect in the taverns etc will benefit

For Snowblind games, 30 fps is just about the maximum you can get (in the taverns and elsewhere), can that be considered 'slower than everywhere else'?
It would be nice to have some tests from the AMD free driver. On my tavern GS dump, Nouveau increases from 23 fps to 43 fps. (@3GHz, native resolution, 8 bits textures)
(06-18-2016, 04:28 PM)gregory Wrote: It would be nice to have some tests from the AMD free driver. On my tavern GS dump, Nouveau increases from 23 fps to 43 fps. (@3GHz, native resolution, 8 bits textures)

What's 'AMD free driver'? I'd be happy to help.

Also: Snowblind Engine Games, PCSX2 hangs in Task Manager indefinitely after exiting. -- Should I post this in Bug Report?
On linux, AMD kinds of trash fglrx/catalyst/crimson driver. They have guy that redid a new driver which is open source. The driver is based on Mesa but you need linux. The driver is quite new and still unoptimized but it just to understand if it is a driver issue (likely) or a GPU brand issue (unlikely). Potentially I think Intel isn't much faster because it is more GPU limited.
(06-18-2016, 04:44 PM)gregory Wrote: On linux, AMD kinds of trash fglrx/catalyst/crimson driver. They have guy that redid a new driver which is open source. The driver is based on Mesa but you need linux. The driver is quite new and still unoptimized but it just to understand if it is a driver issue (likely) or a GPU brand issue (unlikely). Potentially I think Intel isn't much faster because it is more GPU limited.
I think Intel is a driver isue as well, because it gets the same results as AMD. It would probably fail to gain as much as dedicated GPU's without the issue, but it should gain more than what it does now.
This completely fixes the issues with the in-game map in SMT: Nocturne! Thank you, thank you so much! Before, I had to constantly switch to software mode to make sure I wasn't missing any areas on the map.

You, sirs,  are a bunch of Golden Gods!
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit
(06-18-2016, 04:50 PM)FlatOut Wrote: I think Intel is a driver isue as well, because it gets the same results as AMD. It would probably fail to gain as much as dedicated GPU's without the issue, but it should gain more than what it does now.

Well, you're probably right. Curious who copy the code from who, AMD or Intel Tongue2
I also want to help out with some Linux testing. What would I have to do? What would I have to learn?
I'd also be happy to do testing for you guys!