Q4 2016 progress report
(02-12-2017, 05:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: The health bar and orb counter are probably a 2D overlay of the game, thus not getting upscaled like the rest of the view, which makes them stand out

I was saying that the background beneath those elements it's also lower resolution (probably native) and when upscaled along, it overlaps the 2x/3x or whatever IR multiplier the game is ran at. Basically there's a band of lower resolution at the top while the lower part of the rendered window is sharp and clear at the higher chosen resolution. Just flip the 2 images back and forth and take a look at the top side (not the health bar / red orbs specifically, but the whole top part) and you'll notice the change in resolution just in that part.

Sponsored links

@javed_iqbal @Akasha
Cool. If you're still here, how do we processed ? You could either search on github the commit/issue fixed and write some stuff on it. Here some topic
* Skylake CPU slow software renderer fix
* Removal of SSSE3 and AVX configurations
* Vif unpack & MTVU speed optimization
* GSdx texture cache speed optimization (fast texture delete)
Jesus, guys! 12/4 is 3 and April is the 4th month of the year! I know you are working hard and don't receive fixed payment, but when we'll be able to see 2017 Q1 report!?
When it's done.

Would you rather the devs use their limited time to work on PCSX2 and improve it or would you rather they work on the progress report? You'd be surprised the level of work that goes in to these progress reports. It takes quite a while for everything to get written/proofread/screenshots/proofread again/posted/etc. I know we are very late but we are doing our best. There is a lot more work that has to be done than most people realize.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I didn't really blame or acuse any of you of anything, you are doing a great job at developing the emulator. It's just that I really want to see all the work you've done since january...Anyway, keep up the good work and good luck to all of your team, it's amazing to see this emulator had come so far and still going, with support of community and devs, towards perfection, even if perfection is still pretty far.
Sorry, I grant my response was a little rough. I just think a lot of people don't realize how much work it takes is all.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
To be fair, started a comment with "Jesus!" isn't nice neither Wink

We are working on it. As Blyss said, it is a time vampire.
(04-28-2017, 10:21 AM)gregory Wrote: To be fair, started a comment with "Jesus!" isn't nice neither Wink

We are working on it. As Blyss said, it is a time vampire.
He's probably just very religious, and wanted to advertise his beliefs.

The last report isn't 3 months old yet, so in that sense we can still release it in time. Tongue2
or maybe he mistook one of our number as Jesus and he was merely addressing us all? Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

That was a fascinating read. I can't believe you guys figured all this out.