QT Interface keeps crashing
(05-25-2022, 12:18 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm I've read that some programs which modify the shell (like windows shell replacements like "OldNewExplorer") cause Qt to crash, if you are using one of them, consider replacing it with Start8 or ClassicShell (Which works fine on Windows 10).

Can confirm that OldNewExplorer was my issue as well and it's working now, thanks so much.

Sponsored links

(05-24-2022, 03:45 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: I dunno if there's a fix for this, because this happens with Duckstation also, and it looks like the new QT interface is the same from that emulator.  Anyway, whenever I click on a button that will cause it to browse to a directory, the interface completely crashes right away.  So if I want it to browse to the BIOS directory, or the Game directory, it just crashes.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I was having the same issue and I was psyched to find out Pcsx2 finally had a friendly interface, I've been using the program since 2010 and windows 7, and running emulators since 2006 but as far as friendly use I've felt PS1 and PS2 emulation has been stuck in early late 90s to 2000s gui. It's been a huge detractor for getting friends into emulation of these systems until recently with Duckstation and Aetherfx.

For me it was Gshade/ReShade causing an issue by automatically installing on all vulkan programs. Uninstalling Gshade fixed the GUI crashing.

Before I was getting
Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x0000000000000000

Which to my knowledge is a memory access violation, I was worried I had a RAM issue, but the steps I took seemed to fix it. So my advice to anyone else would be to look for things that hook into Vulkan or DirectX as they seem prone to crashing the GUI.

Hope this saves someone the hour it took me troubleshooting.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
EVGA GTX 1080 SC2
32 GB Ram
I'm having this same issue, it crashes on startup when detecting game folders. I have included the crash log if anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Attached Files
.txt   crash-2024-01-02-21-53-49-316.txt (Size: 27,94 KB / Downloads: 31)
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go