QT Interface keeps crashing
I dunno if there's a fix for this, because this happens with Duckstation also, and it looks like the new QT interface is the same from that emulator.  Anyway, whenever I click on a button that will cause it to browse to a directory, the interface completely crashes right away.  So if I want it to browse to the BIOS directory, or the Game directory, it just crashes.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM

Sponsored links

Not happening here. I checked Duckstation too. I guess something about your system? Hopefully someone will have an idea.

I'm not surprised you have an issue that got carried over though as they must share some of the same code.

Funnily enough, I'm also having an issue in the new QT build that got carried over from Duckstation too.... Which I guess I might make a thread about.
(05-24-2022, 03:45 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: I dunno if there's a fix for this, because this happens with Duckstation also, and it looks like the new QT interface is the same from that emulator.  Anyway, whenever I click on a button that will cause it to browse to a directory, the interface completely crashes right away.  So if I want it to browse to the BIOS directory, or the Game directory, it just crashes.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

same here...it didnt crash with the bios directory, but when it starts searching the game directory, it just crashes every time.  
Win10 64 bit...
It sounds like a bad shell extension causing it to crash.

if you can't work out what one it was you can open the PCSX2.ini file in the inis older and find the [GameList] section, then you can add folders like this

Quote:[GameList]
Paths = E:\PS2\PS2 DVD Games
Paths = E:\PS2\PS2 CD Games
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-24-2022, 03:45 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: I dunno if there's a fix for this, because this happens with Duckstation also, and it looks like the new QT interface is the same from that emulator.  Anyway, whenever I click on a button that will cause it to browse to a directory, the interface completely crashes right away.  So if I want it to browse to the BIOS directory, or the Game directory, it just crashes.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also having this issue from a fresh install of PCSX2.  Trying to add a game folder or trying to Start File (from either the menu or toolbar button) immediately makes the emulator unresponsive and freezes until I force close it from the taskbar. Using Windows 10 64-bit

The only thing that shows up on the crash reports is this line:
Exception 0xC0000005 at 0x00007FF8E9142B26
Hello everybody! 

Brand new member here. I'm fairly new to the emulator scene and I have an interesting issue with the Qt version of PCSX2. 

So, prior to downloading and trying the Qt build, I used the 1.6 version and the non Qt 1.7 version. All my library worked fine in both emulators. 

With Qt, every time I boot up Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (disc 1 only), it crashes after the Dolby Digital splash screen. No error message appears, it just closes pcsx2 after that splash screen every time. I tried looking at the program log, but nothing registered in the log.

QT PCSX2 boots up all my other games with no issues, it's just this one game that makes it crash. Booting up the second disc of subsistence poses no issues. 

Any ideas what could be happening here?
(05-24-2022, 05:46 PM)eluna91 Wrote: Hello everybody! 

Brand new member here. I'm fairly new to the emulator scene and I have an interesting issue with the Qt version of PCSX2. 

So, prior to downloading and trying the Qt build, I used the 1.6 version and the non Qt 1.7 version. All my library worked fine in both emulators. 

With Qt, every time I boot up Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence (disc 1 only), it crashes after the Dolby Digital splash screen. No error message appears, it just closes pcsx2 after that splash screen every time. I tried looking at the program log, but nothing registered in the log.

QT PCSX2 boots up all my other games with no issues, it's just this one game that makes it crash. Booting up the second disc of subsistence poses no issues. 

Any ideas what could be happening here?

Can you please post emulog ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-24-2022, 10:46 AM)refraction Wrote: It sounds like a bad shell extension causing it to crash.

if you can't work out what one it was you can open the PCSX2.ini file in the inis older and find the [GameList] section, then you can add folders like this

Thank you refraction.  I'll give that a try  Smile

Edit: I tried adding game paths to the ini file, but nothing I'm trying is working. I was able to add the BIOS directory. Do you know the exact text that should be used in the INI file?
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
hmm I've read that some programs which modify the shell (like windows shell replacements like "OldNewExplorer") cause Qt to crash, if you are using one of them, consider replacing it with Start8 or ClassicShell (Which works fine on Windows 10).
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-25-2022, 12:18 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm I've read that some programs which modify the shell (like windows shell replacements like "OldNewExplorer") cause Qt to crash, if you are using one of them, consider replacing it with Start8 or ClassicShell (Which works fine on Windows 10).

That was it!!!  I had OldNewExplorer running and uninstalling it fixed the issue!  Thank you so much for looking into this!!!
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM