QT build controller issue.
[Update - 2/18/2023] The Axis Scale setting in the controller config settings I mentioned below has been renamed Analog Sensitivity in recent versions of PCSX2 and is now percentage based. Setting it to 133% fixes diagonal directions with the analog stick for my Switch Pro and ZD controllers.

[SOLVED]
Setting Axis Scale to between 1.10 and 1.30 in the controller config settings should fix the issue where the diagonal directions don't work properly on some controllers. A setting of 1.10, I believe, worked for my Switch Pro Controller and my ZD gampad.
Thanks to Terantatek who mentioned this on a different thread.

So I've noticed some games like MGS 2&3 and Stolen don't handle diagonal input from analog sticks well in the QT build; like if I go in any 'pure' diagonal direction I start walking. I've tested this with two controllers, a switch pro and a wired ZD(a generic 360/xinput). This doesn't happen with either of these controllers in the same games in the non QT builds.

I'm assuming whatever controller code is in this build comes from Duckstation? I have this same problem in Duckstation too actually. Sad

Does anyone else have this issue? I mean, I'm not ruling out the possibility that it's just the analog sticks on my controllers are worn, but like I said - don't have this issue in the standard builds. Only in QT(and in Duckstation...)

*Potential Workaround*
By default the QT builds are set to use an SDL input backend. However, if you navigate to Settings-->Controllers-->Global Settings you can uncheck 'Enable SDL source' and turn on the 'XInput source' option and remap the controller bindings. This may fix your controller, if you're having similar input issues with your analog sticks.

For me the using the XInput backend fixed this problem with my ZD wired controller but NOT my Switch Pro controller, sadly.

Sponsored links

Same thing with me, used my controller in a game like Maximo when in diagonal i'm walking and not running, thought it was because of something like PCSX2 wants a square area fot pad sticks, tried with my old Logitech pad which have a square stick area and it worked well, running all the time.
They'll surely correct it with time.
Ok so I after messing around with the QT build some more, it seems this problem only occurs with the SDL input source - which is the one enabled by default. Switching to the XInput source and re-mapping the controller fixes it.

Edit: Nevermind, seems I spoke too soon. Turning off SDL input and switching to the Xinput source did fix diagonal movement on my wired ZD controller sticks, but I'm still having the exact same issue with my switch pro controller (which still works fine with whatever the default controller code is used in the lastest non-qt builds)
Indeed I forget to say it for more details but I tried SDL and XInput too and none worked, but if I goes back to Wx and it's classic interface no problem.
I'm having a similar problem with the game Black(PAL) on the new Qt builds, the character slowly moves to the left without me touching the analog sticks. I tested it with the wx version of 1.7.2796 and the problem isn't there. Black is the only game in my collection that I've noticed it on though, I've tried other games like Tekken 4, Scarface, Smackdown - Here comes the pain and Burnout 3 and none of them have controller problems.
Same issue for me on Qt, analog stick doesn't work properly no matter if I use SDL or Xinput for my Xbox Series X controller.
Works fine on the old build.
I figured what my problem was, on Ridge Racer V at least, for some reason it doesn't automatically set to analog control, you have to press the "analog" button (which I didn't know was a thing), whereas the old PCSX2 build would set it automatically for you.

I wonder if there's any way to automatically set it because everytime I launch RRV I have to press the analog button to get analog control.
Kool, I'm glad something in this old thread helped someone. Smile

Also, since the Axis Scale setting was renamed/replaced by the Analog Sensitivity setting I updated the first post to reflect that.