Quad core suport
Hi people.
I've read than the emulator does not suport quad core. (on FAQ)
Dolpinh emu does not suport quadcore too, but, PCSX2, uses the 4 cores!
Wen I play on dolphin, only 2 cores are used (I can see in the grafic of CPU activity), but, in PCSX2, all 4 cores are used!
So, why, if PCSX2 uses the 4 cores, why do not put him using 100% of each core? (only uses 50 at max, because, 2 cores are been used has one).

Sponsored links

single core applications will use 25% of all your cores. Its the way ur cpu work - it loads all of your cores equally. And i dont know what is this phenomenon u tell us about Dolphin
I have no idea what you are trying to say but...

err...
(01-15-2009, 05:19 PM)Palito Wrote: So, why, if PCSX2 uses the 4 cores, why do not put him using 100% of each core? (only uses 50 at max, because, 2 cores are been used has one).

Huh

That is a good thing...

If it used 4 cores though, pcsx2 only uses 2.
I have spotted something like that with ZeroGS, it used all 4 cores but ran slower the GSDX running on 2 cores.
how dose that work?
Because isn't so simple lol
Windows is distributing the load from the 2 threads we use with pcsx2 on all 4 cores.
Dolphin probably has something to prevent that for some reason.

And yes, it's not easily done "pushing all cores to 100%".
At least not in a way that would give you a single fps more Tongue2
Just a note, you can get pcsx2 to use all 4 cores with the gsdx plugin using software rendering and setting threads to 3, although then you're not utilizing the graphics card, I imagine. I tried it with FFXII and got a fairly decent frame rate. Not as pretty though.
if you use software rendering, you will get a big slowdown, even if processors uses 100% of their powers.