Quadcore processor
Hi,
can I run pcsx2 on a quadcore cpu, without any problem?

Sponsored links

Yes, there wont be any problems. You just wont see any fps difference from a dual core with the same speed.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I've learned that quad cores always run better than dual cores with the same clock. About 5%
Well the UI can run on a third thread but the difference is minimal at best.
Specs:
Quadcore = maximum speed/performance with no compromise.
Yeah, a quad core won't be a problem. It is better than a dual of the CPU type @ the same clock from what I've seen. I lose about 3% of my FPS with each of my extra cores I disable, so that is about 5%.

Worth it: if you were already thinking about a quad core. Always a good idea to keep with the times.

Not worth it: if you're on a budget, and just want to get full speed on most games (with PCSX2).
Just remember Windows always run it's proper processes in background, this alone should explain that small performance gain in four cores or more.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thank you for your replies.
Edit:
Saw this video, Setting Up PS2 Emulator PCSX2 v0.9.6 - Final Fantasy 10
*removed*
it says, 'It's fairly easy to use and set up, as long as you have decent dual core PC. Single core PC's are fairly slow, and ironicly Quad cores are worse'.
Quad cores are worse?
That video had illegal links to the BIOS in, please be more careful what you link to next time.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-17-2011, 04:39 PM)hypns365 Wrote: Quad cores are worse?

Thats entirely incorrect, either the person in question had no idea what he/she was talking about or he/she was referring to the fact that a quad core for the same price would most likely be clocked lower and thus give worse fps. If you get quad core with good speed you wont encounter any problems.
Specs: