Question About increasing FPS
hello everyone, i'm trying to play the PS2 game '' Rumble Roses '' using PCSX2
i've downloaded the latest version 1.2.1 of pcsx2, and i tried all the setting.and the best result i could come out with is the following
45 FPS / Direct3d11 / 1024x768 /
but well i should say the quality is great

my hp probook contains following

intel core I3 3110m
intel ® HD Graphic 4000 (1284 mb)
Ram 4 GB (2.88 usable)

so my question is , should i upgrade my ram to get a better speed or the problem is in the graphic card ?

PS: Rumble Roses is playable at full speed, i already played it in another computer with 60 fps

Sponsored links

your problem is your cpu.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
well upgrading your ram would do nothing... Obviously you are using a 32bit OS. That's the reason why you can only use 3 of 4 GB.
Also pcsx2 is not that ram-hungry and even if you install a 64bit software to unlock more ram there would probably not be any benefit.

Your gpu is really not the best for emulation but also your cpu is not good...

Can you maybe post your GS% and EE% readings during lags... than one might estimate the problem. But I would say it is the cpu not the gpu or ram....
I imagine the CPU is the issue. Make sure your power plan is set to high performance.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
you mean the intel core I3 3110m ?
i really don't know cause the computer that runs it with 60 fps is the same as this one

before 2 days i played this game on a pc, wich contains the following , and it worked at 60 fps

intel core i3 3443m
geforce 210??? 1GB
4 GB RAM (4 GB USABLE)

so i don't see much difference between cpu, so i though the problem is the grahic card or the ram
Well I can not find the second cpu but it seems to be a different model.

Your first model scores 1.200 in PassMark. The best i3-xxxxM scores like 1.400 points. But this can be the difference.

Still just post your GS% and EE% readings during lags and we probably can tell you the problem...

If it is really the same cpu.... Check power settings of your notebook. And set it to performance. Only play with plugged cable.
To check if you are bottlenecked by the gpu, reduce internal resolution below native. If the fps are increasing you are bottlenecked.

Still I - as others - think it is the cpu.
(03-18-2014, 11:34 PM)willkuer Wrote: well upgrading your ram would do nothing... Obviously you are using a 32bit OS. That's the reason why you can only use 3 of 4 GB.
Also pcsx2 is not that ram-hungry and even if you install a 64bit software to unlock more ram there would probably not be any benefit.

Your gpu is really not the best for emulation but also your cpu is not good...

Can you maybe post your GS% and EE% readings during lags... than one might estimate the problem. But I would say it is the cpu not the gpu or ram....
EE is at 100 procent GS is between 60 and 70 procent

ps: the reason why my ram is at 2.88 is cause the graphic card is taking from it , so it's not 4gb, thats why i though it's the reason
are you using any speedhacks? make sure your power plan is set to high performance
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
EE at 100% means your CPU isn't fast enough to emulate the EE.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
speedhacks are active since i installed the pcsx2, and i set my battery is set to high performance

and what is GS ?