[Question] How do I natively use a mouse and keyboard?
Question 
Being a fan of Half-Life I've heard how the PS2 version is a different experience (better models, textures, A.I., etc.), but also how it had native support for USB keyboards and mice and with Half-Life being a first person shooter, this would be my preferred control configuration, but I'm not sure how I would go about using a mouse and keyboard in pcsx2 without setting them to emulate a PS2 controller.

I should add that I have checked the PCSX2 configuration guide and the wiki, but I could not find anything addressing control configurations for games that natively support a mouse and a keyboard.

In short:
I want to play the PS2 version of Half-Life in PCSX2 with a mouse and keyboard without emulating a controller; how can I do this?
Thanks for reading my post.

If you add me on steam please make sure your profile isn't private, otherwise I won't accept the request.

Sponsored links

I don't think there is a USB plugin for mouse support. only keyboard as far as I know Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-06-2017, 05:51 PM)refraction Wrote: I don't think there is a USB plugin for mouse support. only keyboard as far as I know Sad

Darn that's unfortunate. 
Thanks for replying though, I'll keep my hopes up for future support.

If you add me on steam please make sure your profile isn't private, otherwise I won't accept the request.
could maybe modded into lilypad? you just gotta abuse the mouse as analoque axis input. theoretically you should reset the internal position to 0 move on every frame and it'd maybe work. i could use that too. ghost in the shell should allow this mouse aim too. Mellow
So apparently on the pcsx2 wikipedia page it lists nuvee as a plugin that supports usb mice

Nuvee seems to work in allowing use of a usb mouse and keyboard, Half-Life detects the mouse and it seems to all work properly; however, I cannot get my cursor to appear when pcsx2 is focused, this only happens after running a game and persists even when you pause emulation. I enabled and disabled cursor hiding in the window settings and tried disabling cursor snap in Nuvee's plugin settings, yet the problem persists.