Question- How do I run the game?
I can get the PCSX to run pretty smooth and fast but it only gets to the PS2's start menu, I hit the browser and I get 2 memory cards and if I press one it tells me that it needs to be formatted, if I format them both will it format my HDD? The game I'm running is Midnight Club 3 Remix, and Gran Turismo 4.

Sponsored links

... If your format the MC's it will format the MC's.....Not your HDD.
Make sure you have the right CDVD plugin selected for your needs (DVD Drive based if your playing off a disc / ISO based if your running from a Disc Image).

You use it in the same way you use your Playstation 2 console.
» Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (@3.2 Ghz) | GeForce 8800GT 512MB | 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 «
» Asus P5B Rev C1 | Thermaltake Soprano | Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX «
» Beta Tester for nullDC «
Well now I think I chose the correct plugin but the tool just turns off itself when I try to run the DVD and doesn't even let me browse for the DVD.

[Image: pluginsx3.th.png]
im having problems with mine...

i press run CD/DVD since im wanting to play kingdom hearts 2 but when i click that all it does is take me to the main home screen....it just detects kingdom hearts as an Audio file and thats it....
i use the EFP ISO CDVD driver 0.6.0
ive tried it with games like Rayman M which is said to be fully compatible but doesnt even detect the disc in it which feckin sucks

ive used all the other CD drivers and i dont get anything...
this is annoyin T_T i desperately wanna play the emulator

please help....
(12-18-2008, 03:22 PM)KamikaZ Wrote: Well now I think I chose the correct plugin but the tool just turns off itself when I try to run the DVD and doesn't even let me browse for the DVD.
It's not a tool, it's a plugin representing an essential part of your emulated system. Think of it as the actual PS2 DVD drive, not a tool.
It should work if D: is the drive the disc is in, either select the correct drive or insert the disc into the D: drive if it isn't.

Btw, you should use the IOCTL-Interface (assuming you're on WIN2k or newer, which you kind of have to be) and play around with the caching modes (Thread read is probably the best for IOCTL, at least that's what the description suggests).

(12-19-2008, 10:35 PM)uberanime Wrote: EFP ISO CDVD driver 0.6.0
This is a plugin for images (hence the "ISO" in its name), not actual discs in an optical drive. Use EFP Polling or P.E.Op.S. instead.

PS: Both of you should create images of the games you want to play and use Linuzappz or a virtual drive with P.E.Op.S., reading from disc is considerably slower than from an image on a hdd.