[Question] Pcsx2 Cappabilitys
*Hi Firstly I really did not know where this topic should go, If I am in the wrong place I would like to prod Moderators to move my post.

So for the longest time I have always wondered what the emulator could be capable of.

[So The Big Question]
My biggest thought is making some of the games that never made it to pc as well only had one player support.

Creating a plug of some sort to make un-official multiplayers .

Example 'GTA-LCS'.
Maybe Nascar 'Not sure if there were a MP Network.

Now I really don't know if there are some hidden stuff to the emulator that I don't know about as I do not know if this is a open source project or not.

If someone could lead me to a conclusion to multiplayer support that would be awesome. I would love to see some of the things we at least I dreamed of seeing as a child.

I highly doubt you could use a disassembler on a ps2 game.. So this might be tricky. But it's just a thought Smile

Sponsored links

definitely won't happen.
pcsx2 aims at emulating original console as accurately as possible.

What you're thinking about is more something that could be done when making a port of the games you're thinking about.
in short, porting is not emulating.
and pcsx2 is an emulator
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yeah I thought about this as well. But almost anything is possible in codding Smile.

I'm just going to leave this open for any other replies. Maybe even for a developers response Smile
(05-07-2017, 08:03 PM)Motley Wrote: Yeah I thought about this as well. But almost anything is possible in codding :).

I'm just going to leave this open for any other replies. Maybe even for a developers response :)

Coding isn't magic, neither is the emulator.

What you are searching for is game modding/modification, and game modding is extremely rare (if not just impossible) on console games, it's most definitely almost non-existent with PS2 games.
Modding PS2 games would likely require someone to have made any sort of tools made by some passionate fan(s) to be able to make any use of the games' files, while there are some games that had such things like GTA:SA, but it's highly unlikely for the rest of PS2 games, especially when PS2 is almost considered retro by now (if not already), the time and interest for it has long passed by now, so the interest would pretty much be niche at best.

If you want to try game modding, I suggest switching to the closest platform to modify game(s) on, which is PC, and I suggest this site

So as far as PCSX2 "cappabilitys" go, it's just an emulator, not some sort of developer's kit for people to modify any PS2 game.
AKA the Crimson Threadkiller
CPU: AMD R7 5800X UV'd | RAM: 16(2x8)GB DDR4 @ 3000MHz (OC'd +200) |
GPU: Palit Dual Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12GB UV/OC'd | OS: Windows 10 Home 21H1 | RES: 1080p165