Question/Request: Framelimiting For Custom FPS
Hi everyone, I love PCSX2. Thanks to all devs. Anyway, I recently started playing FFXII since the new PCSX2 version allows 100% speed for me (awesome!). I was surprised to see in the Frame Limiting config, there wasn't an option to set the Default Limit of 60 and also a custom limit. What I mean is I want to be able to toggle back and forth in-game from default 60 FPS to say, 75 FPS constant. I know I can toggle between Limiting and unlimited using Tab, but unlimited fluctuates so much and is sometimes way, way too fast. There are a lot of times when I want 60 FPS for cutscenes and story segments but 75 FPS for leveling and grinding. I've used ePSXe for a long time and I loved how it could set custom FPS limits and switch back and forth between the default FPS Limit and a custom FPS limit.

So am I wrong and this can this be done currently? Anyway, I'd figure I'd ask if we could possibly get this as a feature. It would be fantastic to be able to toggle between two frame limits (default and custom) using a keyboard shortcut like Tab does now for Limit and Normal. Or just replace how Tab works with my suggestion. Or let the user pick.

To review, I'd say ideally you'd have three options: Unlimited (renamed from Normal), Default 60 FPS, and Custom. (Frame skipping should be a separate option altogether that is independent of the first three choices but only takes effect if not set to unlimited.)

Anyway, I think a lot of users would really like this. Thanks for your time.

Sponsored links

(04-18-2010, 04:46 AM)Brumbek Wrote: Hi everyone, I love PCSX2. Thanks to all devs. Anyway, I recently started playing FFXII since the new PCSX2 version allows 100% speed for me (awesome!). I was surprised to see in the Frame Limiting config, there wasn't an option to set the Default Limit of 60 and also a custom limit. What I mean is I want to be able to toggle back and forth in-game from default 60 FPS to say, 75 FPS constant. I know I can toggle between Limiting and unlimited using Tab, but unlimited fluctuates so much and is sometimes way, way too fast. There are a lot of times when I want 60 FPS for cutscenes and story segments but 75 FPS for leveling and grinding. I've used ePSXe for a long time and I loved how it could set custom FPS limits and switch back and forth between the default FPS Limit and a custom FPS limit.

So am I wrong and this can this be done currently? Anyway, I'd figure I'd ask if we could possibly get this as a feature. It would be fantastic to be able to toggle between two frame limits (default and custom) using a keyboard shortcut like Tab does now for Limit and Normal. Or just replace how Tab works with my suggestion. Or let the user pick.

To review, I'd say ideally you'd have three options: Unlimited (renamed from Normal), Default 60 FPS, and Custom. (Frame skipping should be a separate option altogether that is independent of the first three choices but only takes effect if not set to unlimited.)

Anyway, I think a lot of users would really like this. Thanks for your time.

there is, trust me. I believe f4 switches from limited/turbo to unlimited. Turbo is set to whatever speed you want it. It does EXACTLY what you are asking for.

That's where you set how fast you want turbo to go. Easy as pie.
Granted thats on the pre-alpha. Since you said new version I assumed you compiled your own, I am pretty sure it works similarly in 9.6 still.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB
(04-18-2010, 07:25 AM)felix66 Wrote: there is, trust me. I believe f4 switches from limited/turbo to unlimited. Turbo is set to whatever speed you want it. It does EXACTLY what you are asking for.

That's where you set how fast you want turbo to go. Easy as pie.
Granted thats on the pre-alpha. Since you said new version I assumed you compiled your own, I am pretty sure it works similarly in 9.6 still.

Thanks felix66 for the response. Actually I'm not using that new version, I didn't compile my own. I'm still using beta r1888 from Sep 09. Great to know the new version has what I want. I wonder if I can rebind the F4 key to do what I want? I'd prefer a more easily accessible key. Actually, I'd love to be able to bind it to my gamepad (like good Zsnes would allow)...now I'm getting greedy. That isn't possible is it?
No it isn't possible yet
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-18-2010, 10:41 AM)Bositman Wrote: No it isn't possible yet

No problem, I'll wait and see in future updates. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate all you do. I'm constantly blown away by people who work on PCSX2.