[Question] Very hard lag
Seeing as hes got a laptop, overclocking to 2.8-3.0 ghz would probably cost him that laptop.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

What do the EE% and GS% say on the top of the game window when the FPS is low?

It wouldn't be too surprising if the EE% is basically maxed, as that means your CPU is limiting the speed (this is very common with PCSX2). Setting Speedhacks can help here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the GS% is basically maxed, too. Even on Native or low resolution (that's the only thing that really helps with a weak GPU). Based on my experience with my mobile HD 4200, you'll be very lucky to get decent speeds with an HD 4145. It will depend on the game, but if the resolution is low and the GS% is up, you're looking at your GPU's maximum potential with said game.

@ GamerGeek:
LOL You got that right! Practically a full Ghz overclock is very impractical with a laptop. Besides, I'd bet anything that his GPU would get in his way, even if at 3Ghz.
(11-16-2010, 06:25 PM)Saiki Wrote: set ALL speedhacks (exceot the min/max hack) on, set EE and VUskipping to the first setting and see what happens. (I use this setting on MOST of my games)

Well, i have try but nothing better on the game, there is still low fps.
Otherwise, i don't really like overcloking, it's a portable and not mine then i don't want try to overclok if some problem can coming.
there is no other solution?

Guilla
(11-17-2010, 05:49 AM)Rezard Wrote: What do the EE% and GS% say on the top of the game window when the FPS is low?

It wouldn't be too surprising if the EE% is basically maxed, as that means your CPU is limiting the speed (this is very common with PCSX2). Setting Speedhacks can help here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the GS% is basically maxed, too. Even on Native or low resolution (that's the only thing that really helps with a weak GPU). Based on my experience with my mobile HD 4200, you'll be very lucky to get decent speeds with an HD 4145. It will depend on the game, but if the resolution is low and the GS% is up, you're looking at your GPU's maximum potential with said game.

@ GamerGeek:
LOL You got that right! Practically a full Ghz overclock is very impractical with a laptop. Besides, I'd bet anything that his GPU would get in his way, even if at 3Ghz.

Sorry, i didn't see your post, what do you say when you say gs% and EE % ? I don't have any % at top on the windows game.
That what i don't understand, it's that with this laptop, i can play on recent game like F1 2010 who need more energy and why not pcsx2?
Quote: i can play on recent game like F1 2010 who need more energy

you have no idea what pcsx2 requires to run some games @ full speed.

I guess you only have 2 choices left :
1 - change your PC
2 - go on playing on your PS2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Well, i have try on my computer (not a laptop) and the game working with 40 fps, then it's good.
It's a AMD athlon phenom triple core with 2.30 Ghz, do you think i need to overclock a little for got 50fps or there is an other solution?
if you tried all we said before, except overclocking (good luck overclocking an AMD cpu), there is still your PS2.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ok, thanks
I had the same problem, but it works now. Thanks.