Question about FF12 And FFX
I ordered a laptop with these specs.

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300
2.5 GHz
4 GB RAM
8600M GT Nvidea video card 256MB
windows vista home

Would that laptop be able to play those games at a tolerable speed? If so what configurations and specs do I have to use?

Sponsored links

guess youll find out when you get it Smile

might be alright tho
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Really? Even if its at default settings? xD
I have a similar laptop. My proc is a bit slower and so is my 3d card.

I can play FFX without any speedhack (i don't like speedhacks since you don't know when it may corrupt something or make awful glitches) at 60fps, in fact almost any pc including 2.2 or even 2.0 can get close to that with propper configuration. Final Fantasy 12 is also playable at full and stable 60fps (excluding in-game cutscenes) if you lower the res a bit. In my case, I play it at 1280x800 since that's my laptop max resolution. With that, after Rabanastre, I gent 50-60 fps all the time. In rabanastre after some tweaks (i do not use cycle speed hacks) sometimes it slow down to 45fps, but quite playable still and only in rabanastre as of now.

So basically, since your GPU is also better (and final fantasy 12 is one of those few games that beneffits from a faster GPU), you will be able to play these games at a higher resolution than the PS2 one at full 60fps. Don't count on playing other games at 60fps full yet. This emulator requires careful choice of plugins and version. Some versions are better for a game while other versions are better for other games. You have to play a lot with the configuration to get the optimal experiencie. As I said, after much configuration i play FF12 close to full speed all the time. If i lower the resolution to 720x720, I get almost full speed in cut scenes too, excluding those that even on native slows down.

The emulator is evolving so quickly that you will be able to play a lot of games at full 60fps with your laptop =]
SAGER NP8690 | i7-620M 2.66Ghz | 6GB RAM | ATI 5870M 1GB GDDR5 | FullHD 1080p 15.6'' | 500GB HDD 7200RPM | WINDOWS 7
yes i have the same specs as you on a dell xps M1530 and what dothack said is absolutely true.
Unfortunately FFX-2 is not yet fully playable at 60 fps with those specs ..... at least for me
Hmm, FF-X2 isn't perfect?

And yeah when i get it I will play them.

The target games I wanna play is FFX, FFXII, RE Code veronica, Kh, Kh2 final mix, Khcom, Yakuza 2, shadow hearts 3... And just about any game I never played in my childhood. xD
One this, my 4 GB of ram might be 667MHz. Would that hurt emulation? Because an opinion from oneone had me wondering.
(04-21-2009, 05:51 AM)Akira420 Wrote: One this, my 4 GB of ram might be 667MHz. Would that hurt emulation? Because an opinion from oneone had me wondering.

No it won't.
Ram doesnt effect unless you have lack of ram example 512mb or less, pcsx2 emulation is depend to CPU and GPU.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.