Question about Jak games on PCSX2
Hi everyone,
I have found several threads online discussing the graphical issues currently present when running the Jak games on PCSX2, like the weird eye colors and the weird shadows (that appear even when running on software mode). I noticed this is an old issue with Jak games, so I was just curious about what causes these issues, and if it is something that could be fixed in the future or not. I'm asking that because the Jak games are the only ones I have that present graphical issues even on software mode (the weird shadows), so I was just wondering what causes that.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Sponsored links

It's basically a texture cache and mipmapping issue. The shadows use some unconventional RGB values for the alpha - what makes it transparent (I don't remember the discussion details) If you want, the shadows can be hidden by using Skipdraw 2 and gain a few FPS in the process Tongue The eyes can sometimes be fixed by toggling the renderers a few times (F9)

Texture cache issues are a work in progress; while mipmapping in HW mode will probably not happen.
(05-11-2016, 01:11 AM)CK1 Wrote: It's basically a texture cache and mipmapping issue. The shadows use some unconventional RGB values for the alpha - what makes it transparent (I don't remember the discussion details) If you want, the shadows can be hidden by using Skipdraw 2 and gain a few FPS in the process Tongue The eyes can sometimes be fixed by toggling the renderers a few times (F9)

Texture cache issues are a work in progress; while mipmapping in HW mode will probably not happen.

I see, thanks for your reply. The weird eyes actually annoy me more than the shadows, so I guess I'll stick up with the software renderer for now (I have an 8 core processor, so I just set extra rendering threads to 4 and I can run it on 60fps on most games I have Happy ). I hope the coders get to fix these texture cache issues soon, I think it would be an important milestone for the emulator.