Question about King of Fighters Maximum Impact 2
Hi:

So I've decided to try this fighting game and see how it worked and I am surprised that except for one little detail it worked perfectly, everything, menus movies and effects as far as I can tell.

The only thing is the fights seem to go in slow motion. So I figure low fps right? It turns out I'm right. I had all speed hacks enabled except the VU Cycle stealing. So just so I could test it, I set it to Moderate Speedup. However the game remains the same, but the thing is the window reports its going at a 99 to 103 % percet fps. So I was wondering what this could mean, if anything.

For your info this is my config:
pcsx2-beta-1474
GSDX: 1680X1050 internal res with same full screen resolution, Log Z, Alpha Correction and Grayed Texture filtering in DX9 HW Mode.
Sound: SPU2-X Default settings.

One last thing, I don't know if this is a bug or it's from the game but I could'n use the analog stick of my XBOX 360 controller (I used it for all other games I played so I know it works), directions only work with the digital pad.

Well, thanks for any replys

Sponsored links

don't just enable all speed hacks at once, test them all against the fps without any speed hacks to see which work with this specific game. aggressive speed hack settings often slow down a game instead of speeding it up. and try it with a lower int res in gsdx. to the xbox360 controller: sounds like you forgot to bind the analog stick of it to the analog stick controls in your pad plugin. just configure every direction of the left or right analog stick with the corresponding direction of your gamepad's stick.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Ok I'll try what you said.

But the things is even tough I change internal res it always seems to work the same in almost everygame I've tried and sometimes it works a bit faster with the higher setting.

But I'll try and report back.
I did the tests. As it turns out, if I deactivated everything y would get from 33 to 40 fps. If I turned on a couple of the hacks (don't remember which though) it would may go to 36 - 42 fps. I tried all sorts of speed hacks conbinations but no matter what I did it was always the same. I changed the graphics plugin to the GSDX and it was exactly, exactly the same, no changes in either speed or graphics quality. My gues is that my processor is just not fast enough maybe with dx10 it'll go faster?

As for the pad. I reconfigured it several times checking and unchecking the box for XInput (XBOX 360 only) but nothing. I think the game simply is made so It could be used with the digital pad. I just fixed it by using another configuration that where I mapped the digital pad to the left joystick. It's all you need anyways.

I'm looking forward to listen to your opinions.
This games can be very slow unless you have a powerful CPU and the VU cycle stealing doesnt increase much (if any) speed only FPS count for it, I dont think you can do much to get it better I'm afraid.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-18-2009, 12:19 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: This games can be very slow unless you have a powerful CPU and the VU cycle stealing doesnt increase much (if any) speed only FPS count for it, I dont think you can do much to get it better I'm afraid.

Ok. So I was right, my cpu just isn't powerfull enough. I figured as much. Do you think switching to DX10 will change anything?
don't think so. if the gpu is the bottleneck, then it might make a difference. but using gsdx with dx10 is generally not a bad idea.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(08-18-2009, 12:34 AM)zero29 Wrote: don't think so. if the gpu is the bottleneck, then it might make a difference. but using gsdx with dx10 is generally not a bad idea.

Well I'll try it when I switch to Windows 7. Thanks for the answers.
In my case the difference between DX9 and DX10 is about 4%, I still can only play it at about 48/60FPS max.

(08-18-2009, 12:34 AM)zero29 Wrote: don't think so. if the gpu is the bottleneck, then it might make a difference. but using gsdx with dx10 is generally not a bad idea.

In some cases DX10 still frees some CPU Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-18-2009, 12:37 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: In some cases DX10 still frees some CPU Tongue

which vista will consume right away Tongue